Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paulmarr said:
Nice score Heatho - while you did pick up more targets it must have been satisfying you didn't leave any gold jewelry behind with the lesser machines ... I reckon it's more about the detectorist and less about the machine which your example has nicely highlighted ... As you know we have a CTX on the team and occasionally does detect targets out of Sovereign's field of vision but for the most part you just need to walk over it at the "right" angle and I believe moisture content in the sand/soil also plays a part.

Cheers Paul, I hope I missed no gold, they are very trashy sites so I will revisit them and start removing more targets that come up around the same reading as gold jewellery over the next month or so. It has been very damp there too so that probably does help for sure, have mainly been going for shallow goldies and deeper targets in the silver range. I need to get my gold finds and other rings and bits and pieces and do some testing and learn what gold comes up as on the screen. I tried a few bits of gold jewellery and every piece had different readings. I'll get there, won't take me too long. :)

Nice run of goldies there Heath.

Might be time to hit sixmaps or have a look at the tide charts and hit the low tide.

Paulmarr said:
Nice score Heatho - while you did pick up more targets it must have been satisfying you didn't leave any gold jewelry behind with the lesser machines ... I reckon it's more about the detectorist and less about the machine which your example has nicely highlighted ... As you know we have a CTX on the team and occasionally does detect targets out of Sovereign's field of vision but for the most part you just need to walk over it at the "right" angle and I believe moisture content in the sand/soil also plays a part.

Nice finds there Heatho.

Interesting you say that as I was wondering the same thing the other day, I reckon your spot on with wetter ground as this can change things quite a lot. My ground up here is really bad clay and when dry like concrete when wet like quick sand. I tend to get better response and less nonsence from the machine when the ground is dry and hard but when wet things get a little more scattered. One of my sites after many hours on it dry until one day wet after quite a few days of rain and I thought maybe it was EMI playing with the machine but I am convinced it was the wet ground.

Wally69 said:
Nice run of goldies there Heath.

Might be time to hit sixmaps or have a look at the tide charts and hit the low tide.

Could be a good idea mate, will have to do that sooner or later. Hopefully there's some nice chunky rings there. Might even give it a test run on a beach this weekend.

Thanks too GW.

Found a spot for next week :D

1437734355_image.jpg

I recon it will be CTX heaven Heath, I'll drag out a rising sun badge so you can dial in a reading

This old army base is now in the middle of the city Brian but there are a few areas that look like they have undeveloped access. The target will be parts of the old training/parade grounds and barrack areas. If we find the wet-mess or 2-up area we should hit a predecimal jackpot. :p

Chances of that happening are less than 100:1 but if you don't try.............

Latest posts