CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bee hive or snake skin pattern ?
Hard call for me lol
Stll a good little hunt overall !
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Finds from the last 3 hunts. Met up with Member Sherro (RoJoSher) today, first we hit a park that I hadn't noticed before, was very trashy but I did manage to get the 1925 sixpence there, that place needs further investigation. We decided to head to Dee Why beach to hopefully do a bit better without heaps of trash. Sherro managed about $5 (was only his 2nd serious hunt with his CTX) and I got around $25 for the day, beach was packed so hopefully through summer finds will increase dramatically.

The Rolls Royce owners keyring is an interesting find, came from the beach. Probably the first and only Rolls product I'll ever get to own. :D

1509172912_20171028_172222.jpg

1509172912_20171028_172257.jpg

1509172912_20171028_172320.jpg

So now you are a Rolls Royce owner,congratulations :party:

Nice goldie count with silvers also :p

Heatho said:
Couple of hours at Manly beach this morning, after the past couple of hot days the local beaches have been packed,finds are still few and far between worked hard for this 30 bucks. The bracelet is a junker.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1509422293_20171031_134302.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1509422293_20171031_134314.jpg

Nice run Heatho :cool: :Y: They must all be down there 8) ...There's still tumble weed blowin around here :eek:

my son and I use minelab gofind 20 and a 60 also old Garrett and whites at times on main Sydney beaches we get avg 20 - 30 dollars found two phones and wallet gave to council tractor guy the lucky buggars got m back car keys too! . no reward but happy to see a young couple get stuff b4 theives took them . also found few gold rings emerald mens ring in platinum, the city beaches are screen sifted 5 days a week coins do drop out but chains etc do get caught in the tractors cage. we know the drivers well as we give phones etc to be posted and returned unlike a few we se down here . karma guys will nv get big gold nug if don't do some good in the world i say. hope it helps the beach hunters .nb the waterline from low tide mark to high tide mark are NOT SCREENED so the best spots for good finds, but the salt water seems to send our machines nuts . funny enough my $130 china machine loves the salt and some water even had coil waterlogged so much for waterproofing they said it had , still works fine though . a cheap detector is very useful on beaches , be prepared for the 100 0r 200 bottle caps you dig or turn m off n miss the rings and odd currency we seem to always get a few of. Sadly a few of the delicate jewels found were minced by the tractors machinery and spat out.happy to advise best times at all beaches fr pittwater to kiama if needed . a quick note on the tiny in harbour shores and secluded bay beaches , the wealthy areas yield old steel and bottle caps , nv got more than a dollar on any of around 100 saves you a lot of miles for zero guys , cheers.

i did notice the sound is quite distinct after finds of few hundred the ones n twos are obv sounds , sadly the bottle tops are same as a dollar too
Rockhunter62 said:
I think that because the $2 coin is smaller and only a bit lighter than the $1 coin it sinks into the sand easier.

That's just my $2 worth. :D :D

cheers

Doug

excelpest2002 said:
my son and I use minelab gofind 20 and a 60 also old Garrett and whites at times on main Sydney beaches we get avg 20 - 30 dollars found two phones and wallet gave to council tractor guy the lucky buggars got m back car keys too! . no reward but happy to see a young couple get stuff b4 theives took them . also found few gold rings emerald mens ring in platinum, the city beaches are screen sifted 5 days a week coins do drop out but chains etc do get caught in the tractors cage. we know the drivers well as we give phones etc to be posted and returned unlike a few we se down here . karma guys will nv get big gold nug if don't do some good in the world i say. hope it helps the beach hunters .nb the waterline from low tide mark to high tide mark are NOT SCREENED so the best spots for good finds, but the salt water seems to send our machines nuts . funny enough my $130 china machine loves the salt and some water even had coil waterlogged so much for waterproofing they said it had , still works fine though . a cheap detector is very useful on beaches , be prepared for the 100 0r 200 bottle caps you dig or turn m off n miss the rings and odd currency we seem to always get a few of. Sadly a few of the delicate jewels found were minced by the tractors machinery and spat out.happy to advise best times at all beaches fr pittwater to kiama if needed . a quick note on the tiny in harbour shores and secluded bay beaches , the wealthy areas yield old steel and bottle caps , nv got more than a dollar on any of around 100 saves you a lot of miles for zero guys , cheers.

It's odd that you say the harbour beaches are not that great to detect as they are some of my favourite hunting grounds, some have yielded hundreds of dollars each for me plus some chunky gold rings. Maybe you've been hitting the harbour beaches after I've hit them. There won't be much left after I do a small beach with my CTX. :eek: :D

On the surf beaches I actually prefer to do the towell lines where people sunbake, todays haul was all from the dry sand where the tractor had been this morning. I have tried between the low and high tide areas but my most productive zones are the areas where people sunbake. I do the tidal zones sometimes but never seem to get as much.

The CTX works great on the wet sand areas.

Latest posts