Crevice sucker jar..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries Marty, this is a place to discuss Ideas, I just put up an easy project that can help out some people, use it wet or dry, works the same, just fasten a bit of cloth over mouth tube with an elastic band and your good to go, stops the dust getting into your mouth, I am sure the is a way to create one that will will be effective in water.. just dont suck to hard and all is good, its really for getting the last bits out of a crevice or hole, not for taking massive amounts of material from a stream bed..

Cheers, Tone

Yeah I thought about one of those but I think they need to be in water to work, also you would have to check the size of the gap between the bore and the case so you dont suck up too large gravels..
For $28 you could spend a little more and buy one like Agman put up.

I have a double action airbed pump I will try out but then again One handed operation is the key..

Great discussion on this type of device guys. some great ideas coming out also..

Cheers, Tone,

I just bought one of these in 12mm.

b116_1.JPG

Ill connect it to a jar and give it a go when it arrives.

That would work, providing dust does not get into the one way valve. Might be an idea to place a little filter of some sort before primer.

I was eyeing my missis bottle of shampoo while in shower this morning thinking about this. It has this pump on top of it. I will have to wait till she finnishes it. She would not be too pleased if I poured it down the sink. :D
She gave me a strange look when I saw her vacuuming this morning and asked her if the Hoover would run of the generator. Specially when I mentioned I was going out this afternoon to Warrandyte. Its probably hidden somewhere now so i wont be able to borrow it. :D

Lol, had a good laugh thanks beagleboy. .. is amazing the ideas that spring up on forum. . personally I can't even go grocery shopping without noticing shelving in shop would make a good set of classifiers :) definitely gets worse when I go too bunnings. .. I think I hav a problem lmao!

Too funny, I like the ideas that are floating around.. I dont think the house vacuum would be a good idea Beagle, and I like the idea of the fuel primer pump, good luck with all your ideas guys.

Cheers, Tone

I bought a rubber Bellows/boot from SuperCheap today. Had $10 on my Club card owing me so the bellows only cost me $2.80 :D
Will knock something up tonight or by tomorrow anyhow.

Ag Man said:
I bought a rubber Bellows/boot from SuperCheap today. Had $10 on my Club card owing me so the bellows only cost me $2.80 :D
Will knock something up tonight or by tomorrow anyhow.

Keen to see what you come up with Ag.

I think it would block rather quickly as you are drawing the matetial through the pump mechanism.
You would have to gave a screen on intake but i think it would be half hour tops before the unit was clogged.. i would not buy it for use as a recovery system..

Latest posts