Couple of my better bits for two half days out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Some found deep with the 14/7
So strapped on the 16 round
And got the 11 grammer and 2 grammer
They were well and truly out of the 14/7 s
Reach :)
And I was buggered after half a day digging only inverted
Signals at depth :lol:
Especially having to dig holes to fit the 16 down !
But instead of digging round
I was doing trenches ;)
To fit the coil in on edge after carefully pinpointing
I did pick up plenty of gram bits down
With the 14/7And the 7 grammer !was just on 2 foot down :D
The 11 grammer was over the 2 foot mark

Great looking gold mate, :eek: and I'm sure when they came to light the back all of a sudden felt fine again.

Good luck and hope not too many holes go down further than a metre. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Thanks guys
And Wal
I've been getting some nice chunks of pick heads
And horseshoes
And miner boot cleats at about that :lol:
Are you still in wa Wal :)

Great shaped nuggets, nice patch to put a smile on ya dial.

Maybe time to get an even bigger coil and a mate with a pick and shovel ? :D

LBG sensational finds digging a target at 2 foot down, many would give up well done and may there be many more! Willo

Lbg dreamer said:
Thanks guys
And Wal
I've been getting some nice chunks of pick heads
And horseshoes
And miner boot cleats at about that :lol:
Are you still in wa Wal :)

G'day mate,

Meant to have left last week but got stuck on some business down at Murray Bridge SA, which set me back a week. Leaving Canberra on the 14th now, and will extend the trip for a few weeks more. Take care out in that paddock mate, and may luck follow you around during the winter. I'll be thinking about you guys whilst in shorts and tee shirts for the next few months. :D

Cheers Wal.

Thanks mate
Enjoy knowing that when you dig down over
10 inches it won't be rubbish :)
And good luck over there mate

Talking about deep targets, I found one that required enormous patience on my part. I got this signal and started digging, it was in that rock hard red dirt out at Day Dawn, 7 kms south of Cue. I was probably close to 2 foot down and new that I was onto something large but the digging became a real pain in that concrete like red dirt. I new my mate Butch was due up in Cue in a few weeks and he always had his gen set and small jack hammer in his panel van. I filled in the hole and smoothed it over and dropped a piece of tin and some rusty nails on the spot to put others off. Butch actually turned up about 4 weeks later, and I told him about this deep monster. We went straight out and got the jack hammer going. Probably close to 2ft 6 inches there it was. I piece of 3 inch by 3 inch rusty angle iron, we could see a couple of feet of it as it disappeared into each side of the hole. On the one hand I was happy to know what it was. On the other hand I was disappointed as that strong a signal at that depth lead to all sorts of dreams.
You win some, and you know the rest.

Very nice results Lbg. What beauties! Gotta be pretty chuffed with those lumps :D

Hope to see you out there again before too long. It's definitely nice weather for a swing. All the best out there and look after yourself.
Cheers,
Shauno.

Thanks gcause
Without research and hard work
Swinging and walking
There's no very little gold
In ya rattle jar :)

Lovely looking gold Lbg dreamer.

Well done. You'll probably be back there looking for their big brothers!

Thanks guys
Hot rocks
I normaly have my luck upfront lol
Walk into the middle of an area of three days digging rubbish and nothing else !
And first target will be a couple a gram bit and no more :)
Or to the other extent rubbish all day
And Klms away from the car !
And ping a decent bit right back next to the car
On the way to knock of for the day :)
Either way I'm always sorting out the trash :lol:

Sounds exactly like what happens to me mate, ping a nugget first target in a minefield, and find one near the car when giving up seem to be very common occurences lol

DD

Latest posts