Coiltek Coils Whites TDI

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am trying to find more coils for my whites TDI SL and would like to hear what peoples views are on these Coils that I have listed

It seems that I would have to import any coils I want from Razorback or Nugget Finder, But I have found some Coiltek Coils which might work and they are the 11" GoldStalker Mono and the 8x12 DD Platypus and the 6" GoldStalker Mono.

Apart from having to use extra Rubber bushes and Drill out the Bolt Holes bigger what I want too know has anyone used these coils and how did they perform compared to the 12" Mono or DF and the 7.5" Mono or DF,

Thanks Guy's,,, John

Razorback have an Australian Dealer listed on their website. He stocks Razorback and Miner John Coils.

So which ones are the best of the Bunch, I have seen good things with my sovereign GT using Coilteks over standard Coils, I have not seen any of the others, but the problem is the cost of shipping and then 20% import Duty and then they charge you Once it lands here for their postage so that's 2 lots of Postage, Which is why I asked about Coiltek because they are already sold here and so are ML Commander Coils, every thing else is A worry.

Thanks again John,

Big Nugget said:
cant speak for the SL Ridge Runner but the coiltek works great on my pro. ;)

Thanks Mate, I don't think there is much between them so what works on yours should work on mine, but maybe?? not the DD's, But I am not worried too much about them yet as no mater where I take this thing it just works with Mono's

John

I have found the 5x10 joey mono and the 11" Goldstalker and although they are made for the SD,GP Machines I would like to know if they will work on my TDI SL,

and they are at a real good price and Brand New which is a good thing too,

john

Big Nugget said:
Ridge Runner, the pro uses the same coils as gpx, pretty sure SPP/SL are the same. ;)

Thanks, that's Great, I will have a word with the man and see when he can send them.

John

The Coiltek Joey 10 x 5 works great on my SPP nice and quiet . Also I use it on a standard Minelab lower shaft and have drilled a 7mm hole on the SPP upper shaft, fits well.

Regards

Turps123

turps123 said:
The Coiltek Joey 10 x 5 works great on my SPP nice and quiet . Also I use it on a standard Minelab lower shaft and have drilled a 7mm hole on the SPP upper shaft, fits well.

Regards

Turps123

Thanks Turps, what it like on tiny bits any good???

John

Hi Ridge Runner,
I have just air tested the Joey coil on two pieces of gold using the SPP
1/ .12 Gram at 12mm
2/ .18 Gram at 20mm

I thought this would be better, but my back yard there is a lot of EMF and trash. I cant even turn on my GPX4500 without it screaming - totally unusable.

I will be using this setup at Dunolly in the triangle in March when I cant use the 4500 due to power lines etc, I hope this helps

Regards

Turps123

turps123 said:
Hi Ridge Runner,
1/ .12 Gram at 12mm
2/ .18 Gram at 20mm

I thought this would be better, but my back yard there is a lot of EMF and trash. I cant even turn on my GPX4500 without it screaming - totally unusable.

I will be using this setup at Dunolly in the triangle in March when I cant use the 4500 due to power lines etc, I hope this helps

Regards

Turps123

Thanks Turps, that a great help, how high could you run your SPP In the back yard??

I must admit these machines are a joy to use.

John

Ridge Runner said:
turps123 said:
Hi Ridge Runner,
1/ .12 Gram at 12mm
2/ .18 Gram at 20mm

Regards

Turps123

Thanks Turps, that a great help, how high could you run your SPP In the back yard??

I must admit these machines are a joy to use.

John

Each to there own I won't use anything but razorback' the 5x9 folded will get that .12 at 1" and the .18 at 1.5", if I can get out Turps I could meet up in March and bring a few coils? They run a lot smoother as there designed for the machine.

Ridge Runner said:
I am trying to find more coils for my whites TDI SL and would like to hear what peoples views are on these Coils that I have listed

It seems that I would have to import any coils I want from Razorback or Nugget Finder, But I have found some Coiltek Coils which might work and they are the 11" GoldStalker Mono and the 8x12 DD Platypus and the 6" GoldStalker Mono.

Apart from having to use extra Rubber bushes and Drill out the Bolt Holes bigger what I want too know has anyone used these coils and how did they perform compared to the 12" Mono or DF and the 7.5" Mono or DF,

Thanks Guy's,,, John

Coiltek don't have an 11" Goldstalker, and in fact they don't make the 11" round coils anymore, which is a shame as they were very good. In the Goldstalker range there's the 6" round and 14x9".

I have a 12x8" Platypus mono, and it is a very good coil, but in the bush I generally prefer an 11" round solid. The 12x8" has a very slight edge in sensitivity, but this is also translated into a slight increase in hot rock response. Not sure how these would go on an SL though.

PhaseTech said:
Ridge Runner said:

Thanks Guy's,,, John

Coiltek don't have an 11" Goldstalker, and in fact they don't make the 11" round coils anymore, which is a shame as they were very good. In the Goldstalker range there's the 6" round and 14x9".

I have a 12x8" Platypus mono, and it is a very good coil, but in the bush I generally prefer an 11" round solid. The 12x8" has a very slight edge in sensitivity, but this is also translated into a slight increase in hot rock response. Not sure how these would go on an SL though.

Thanks Nenad, well this must be an old stock Item as it is brand new and so is the Joey both are monos and the 11" one looks like the label says Anti-interference and they want about $266.00 for it and the joey is about $215.00
is the anti-interference a good coil, but maybe it is the only photo they had so they might of used that just for the Add.

John

AI coils are only really of any benefit in high EMI areas. Similar to a DD. Probably better off with a mono coil.
Coiltek said:
These coils have been designed to cancel out the effect of external interference. This can come from power lines, electric fences and the spread of the metro area just to name a few. Their performance is very good compared to the similar sized DD coil and we estimate their ability be very similar to the similar sized DD coil. The sensitivity can sometimes match the DDs and therefore you can be confident when swinging an A.I. that you will have the chance to get the smaller targets and the larger ones. The main sensitive area of these coils is directly down the centre which is similar to the DD. Approximately 1 inch in from the tip of the coil will be the best area for pinpointing and this can help increase your target retrieval time. Their ability in heavy mineralised areas can sometimes become noisy as they tend to behave like a monoloop coil as they struggle with the ground change so having a slow swing will help minimise the noise. The other benefit with this coil configuration is that it will work perfectly well with the Discrimination/Iron Reject settings on the Minelab machines so they add value to your detecting experience no matter where you are.

If you search eBay in the UK for "Miner John Coils" there is a 7"x11" mono available for about $185AUD.

Those coils are made for the TDI series by the same guy who does the razorbacks I believe. Haven't used one myself but as Zuke says and from what I have read elsewhere they are a good choice for the TDI.

P.S. Actually looking at the supplied photo it looks to be a folded mono - even better ;)

Hi Ridge Runner,

I could only use the SPP on standard settings in the backyard with the Joey coil.

Zuke, I use the the Joey coil on the SPP and my GPX4500 when needed, I normally stay with a Nugget Finder 14x9 mono on the 4500 when in the Triangle.
I recently purchased a Nuggeteer 18 x 6 mono coil (made by PM coils), and will be keen to test it in March, will let you know how it goes

Regards

Turps 123

Latest posts