Cheap and sometimes nasty pinpointers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i were to still test out the jaycar one, it wont work correctly if used in the building will it. Ill have to go outside. Theres no grass as its main hwy, train station and parking lot. I might have to take a bucket of dirt :lol: :lol:
Ive never known jcay to be the 'let u test' type mob. Ive never had a demo or well.. any information thats been useful from jaycar to be honest, but ill give it a go :)

Make sure they put a new battery in it when it seems to be not working properly(in the shop). ;)

My local guy let me have a test..

Then again he demo's the Quad copters in the shop and car park as well.

Great guy, but still will not buy some stuff from there unless desperate.

julieamy001 said:
how about those?
kingdetector.com/professional-c-3.html

Link shows nothing but cheap knock offs and blatant copies (Ace 150/250) from a Chinese online store.

Support local dealers and buy something half decent with a warranty and service.

I see you are based in the US, yes.

OK so I got my Brother in law in the KKs and he's just got an SDC, so for the $50 limit, I thought i'd get him this :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272443254166

Which arrived in the mail today.

Got a chance to have crack at it today before work and was pleasantly surprized. The thing is quite sensitive. Although it has trouble on the test piece of gold(can find it if you put it up against it). but am other wise impressed.

Pretty certain its a knock off of the Garret one, as the outer casing is very good quality but the battery compartment is quite poor. The battery just sits on some terminals instead of having the standard push fit 9v terminals. Also it has no o ring on the battery cover, which I think is only cost cutting, not because it couldn't be there.

Looks like it would be good for coins, as it can pick them up at about an inch.

Might just keep it...

Goldpick said:
Out of curiosity I visited jaycar today to have a look at this pinpointer in action, or should I say lack of action. It was advertised as having a buzzer as well vibration, though the unit I looked at just vibrated, and the LED light would go off when passed over a metal object. The sensitivity is just crap for the better word, a ten cent piece wouldn't even register unless just about scraped against the tip, so money best off spent elsewhere. ;)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1695/1449244309_qp2305imagemain-300wx300h.jpg
Mate you must of got a faulty one...i got one the other day and it has no tone as advertised.. ...but the sencitivity is great...50c...20c 10c 5c all at 4 to 5 inches easy..42grm nugget wont work enless it touches the rod...sencitivity .would be the only fault i have with the one i got...its a bit hard to pinpoint because of the sencitivity. ..light switches on and stays on..it does not mater what angle its on when you switch it on..as i have seen on a video review... I think it is definitely worth the $60...if you cant aford to get the top of the range pointer. ..My advice would be to check them out for yourself...as i did...but try a couple incase you get a faulty one as well..Not judging your review goldpick....just think you may have tried a dud one mate:D

Strange....i have a fake garret carret...and although i do think its better....its not as sensitive as the digitech :|

Latest posts