Cashless society

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have concerns about a cashless system where banks would have ultimate control over any of your digit money sitting in your electronic account, not to mention electronic failures and disruptions to the system, with a bit of paper you have a chance to squirrel some away.

Nanjim said:
Anytime we have a tradie working around the house
We always ask what is the cash price you would be surprised at some of the discounts we get ......

Not surprised with 10% on every quote before you get the tools out... Part time public servant here, make your eyes water how much it adds up over time.

It was on a News channel up here 2 weeks ago that banks are slowly closing Branches and ATM machines... They Quoted Covid as an excuse, No business they said but the real item on their target is a cash-less society....

A 'back market' will always live...

LW....

Absolutely right Ramjet.

Add to that if we had a cashless society our entire economy could be killed by a computer hacker in some country we cant even trace who could bring the country to its knees in 5 seconds.

Our govt and defence forces computers have been raided by China and Russia many times and they have apparently downloaded the entire content of those servers.

If defence and govt cant stop hackers who would be deluded enough to think that an E-Currency would be immune ?

Bulldust !

cashless E-Currency would be insanity.

There is also the issue of nuclear war , if any atomic weapon was detonated at medium to high altitude they would wipe out everything electronic including bank computer servers , phones , laptops and even the electronic door locks on the banks wouldnt work.

I have written letters to every appropriate govt minister pointing out these details , i know they read them but they couldnt be forked even replying to them.

Is that how dumb our pollies are ?

G'day

Its only a matter of time before we end up going cashless we all realise that, but what really amazes me is the amount of people that think the idea is a good one?, a lot of it has to do with how people do their business already, those who deal mostly online and with electronic transactions now don't see it as a threat, but those who deal in cash and face to face transactions will be screwed, many low income people in this day and age have to do something to bulk up the pitiful pension by doing markets and selling goods for cash just to try and keep up with the never ending flow of utility bills, car regoes and so on.

Once the banks have control of your income then they will have control on how you spend it as well, and everyone will know your business and who you do business with, it wont be long before they know more about your spending habits than you do, its all about control and also increasing profits, once you have no choice you will also never get paid anything like interest for savings or for the banks to hold your money, in fact fees and charges will ensure that irrelevant of whether you spend your money of not your bank account will be sucked dry, then you will be questioned about any money you have as to where it came from and why you are not spending it and so on forcing you to spend up rather than have the money ratted away from the account anyway.

The choice is yours, you either bend over and grease up for them or take a stand and fight for the right of free choice to do what you want with your own money.

cheers

stayyerAU

Mr Magoo said:

nuclear war will destroy every thumb drive or hard drive in the country.

even without an all out nuclear war , just one EMP specific weapon detonated over a city will wipe out all electronics.

Whats your bitcoin worth then ?

A thumb drive will be worth more because it could be made into earings or necklaces which could sell for at least $ 5 at the markets to anyone who still had cash. , a hard drive is too big for earings .

door stop or paperweight ?

Disclaimer : If you have bitcoin on an electronic device i suggest you invest in a faraday box or RF shielded case.

I own one of these ;

http://www.acesolution.com.tw/cn/download_files/products/willtek/willtek_4921_ds339_0208a_en.pdf

( i dont own any bitcoin )

Karen from facebook said if you want a cheap protection system you wrap half an inch of bubble wrap around your device , wrap it with 6 layers of alfoil , another half inch of bubble wrap , 6 more layers of alfoil , repeat twice more then put that into a cheap steel toolbox as found at bunny house , the toolbox lid must be closed securely with no gaps around its lid.

I bought a new car a while back, and haggled the price down, got full tank of diesel, couldn't get extras as it already had everything.
Then offered cash and they weren't interested, didn't want it. :8

CreviceSucker said:
Mr Magoo said:

nuclear war will destroy every thumb drive or hard drive in the country.

even without an all out nuclear war , just one EMP specific weapon detonated over a city will wipe out all electronics.

Whats your bitcoin worth then ?

A thumb drive will be worth more because it could be made into earings or necklaces which could sell for at least $ 5 at the markets to anyone who still had cash. , a hard drive is too big for earings .

door stop or paperweight ?

Disclaimer : If you have bitcoin on an electronic device i suggest you invest in a faraday box or RF shielded case.

I own one of these ;

http://www.acesolution.com.tw/cn/download_files/products/willtek/willtek_4921_ds339_0208a_en.pdf

( i dont own any bitcoin )

Karen from facebook said if you want a cheap protection system you wrap half an inch of bubble wrap around your device , wrap it with 6 layers of alfoil , another half inch of bubble wrap , 6 more layers of alfoil , repeat twice more then put that into a cheap steel toolbox as found at bunny house , the toolbox lid must be closed securely with no gaps around its lid.

Metal bitcoin wallet. Not that I own any bitcoin but was researching it.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Steel-Bitcoin-Wallet-Hardware-Backup/dp/B07BS632RR

Regarding the cashless society, if even just 10% to a quarter of the population decided to rebel against it then there is no way they could really implement it or even if they did a new currency type would be agreed upon by the population you'd hope. Look at the recent riots in the USA for example, it goes to show what just a small percentage of the population can do when they are really angry about something, not that I condone what happened, I'm actually 100% against what happened but it goes to show the damage that can be caused when people are outraged.

This is what happened last time a type of currency was banned in Australia, maybe it could happen again.

1594096032_1280px-arrest_of_govenor_bligh.jpg

Very true Heatho, Pollies always under-estimate People Power... But the People MUST be united in their cause, not operate like individuals...

LW...

LoneWolf said:
If a business says to me, sorry no cash, I shop elsewhere... Plain and simple...

No cash= no sale...

I know Karen from fakebook, she designed my 'Tin foil hats'... They also work well... So I can recommend Her ideas to everyone... :lol: :lol:

LW...

I have customers who offer to pay me cash for special price

I refuse ,
A) my peace of mind is worth more.
B) Where do you spend it ? If you have an average spending figure every month for fuel and food and suddenly dont buy anything for 6 months then the ATO software will go Ping ! And they will audit you to ask where that 50 grand came from and where is that land cruiser you have claimed as a tax deduction for the last 5 years.
C) If you want to apply for a home loan but you are showing income of $3000 per year for the last 10 years they wont give you finance.
D) If you get paid in cash by Karen from Facebook how do you know her boyfriends junkie mates wont climb in your window and put a knife to your wife or mistresses throat ? . Or worse , both at the same time....

Peace of mind has value.

LoneWolf said:
Very true Heatho, Pollies always under-estimate People Power... But the People MUST be united in their cause, not operate like individuals...

LW...

Interesting to note also how John Macarthur was at the forefront of getting the rebellion started and then the government decided to feature his portrait on our decimal currency. Go figure, lol. :lol:

I'm sure a lot of people would unite to keep cash LW.

CreviceSucker said:
LoneWolf said:
If a business says to me, sorry no cash, I shop elsewhere... Plain and simple...

No cash= no sale...

I know Karen from fakebook, she designed my 'Tin foil hats'... They also work well... So I can recommend Her ideas to everyone... :lol: :lol:

LW...

I have customers who offer to pay me cash for special price

I refuse ,
A) my peace of mind is worth more.
B) Where do you spend it ? If you have an average spending figure every month for fuel and food and suddenly dont buy anything for 6 months then the ATO software will go Ping ! And they will audit you to ask where that 50 grand came from and where is that land cruiser you have claimed as a tax deduction for the last 5 years.
C) If you get paid in cash by Karen from Facebook how do you know her boyfriends junkie mates wont climb in your window and put a knife to your wife or mistresses throat ? . Or worse , both at the same time....

Peace of mind has value.

I assume you'd still accept cash for a job as it's legal tender, even though you refuse to give a special price? As long as you do the right thing and declare it then there is nothing to worry about. Just don't go letting every Karen from facebook know where you live.... :eek:

Latest posts