Cashless society

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CreviceSucker said:
Mr Magoo said:

nuclear war will destroy every thumb drive or hard drive in the country.

even without an all out nuclear war , just one EMP specific weapon detonated over a city will wipe out all electronics.

Whats your bitcoin worth then ?

A thumb drive will be worth more because it could be made into earings or necklaces which could sell for at least $ 5 at the markets to anyone who still had cash. , a hard drive is too big for earings .

door stop or paperweight ?

Disclaimer : If you have bitcoin on an electronic device i suggest you invest in a faraday box or RF shielded case.

I own one of these ;

http://www.acesolution.com.tw/cn/download_files/products/willtek/willtek_4921_ds339_0208a_en.pdf

( i dont own any bitcoin )

Karen from facebook said if you want a cheap protection system you wrap half an inch of bubble wrap around your device , wrap it with 6 layers of alfoil , another half inch of bubble wrap , 6 more layers of alfoil , repeat twice more then put that into a cheap steel toolbox as found at bunny house , the toolbox lid must be closed securely with no gaps around its lid.

I think you took that far too literally. I thought the subject was slightly futuristic as the country can't even run a reliable internet/phone service and without such, running a cashless society is a long way away.
I used Bitcoin as an example as most folks know what it is. But the point was, folks will always find away of transferring currency that can't be traced. Bitcoin, although dated, is a standard but fully traceable. There are others where it it is not no easy.
Cashless society in Australia is decades away. We live in a country that relies on coal.
I think if nuclear war or an EMP event occurred the last thing I would be worried about is my savings. I will guarantee you will think the same (consider that a contract)...... For a $1.

Thanks for the link.

Viva cash..... Or Bitcoin

Mr Magoo said:
CreviceSucker said:
Mr Magoo said:

even without an all out nuclear war , just one EMP specific weapon detonated over a city will wipe out all electronics.

A thumb drive will be worth more because it could be made into earings or necklaces which could sell for at least $ 5 at the markets to anyone who still had cash. , a hard drive is too big for earings .

door stop or paperweight ?

Disclaimer : If you have bitcoin on an electronic device i suggest you invest in a faraday box or RF shielded case.

I own one of these ;

http://www.acesolution.com.tw/cn/download_files/products/willtek/willtek_4921_ds339_0208a_en.pdf

( i dont own any bitcoin )

Karen from facebook said if you want a cheap protection system you wrap half an inch of bubble wrap around your device , wrap it with 6 layers of alfoil , another half inch of bubble wrap , 6 more layers of alfoil , repeat twice more then put that into a cheap steel toolbox as found at bunny house , the toolbox lid must be closed securely with no gaps around its lid.

I think you took that far too literally. I thought the subject was slightly futuristic as the country can't even run a reliable internet/phone service and without such, running a cashless society is a long way away.
I used Bitcoin as an example as most folks know what it is. But the point was, folks will always find away of transferring currency that can't be traced. Bitcoin, although dated, is a standard but fully traceable. There are others where it it is not no easy.
Cashless society in Australia is decades away. We live in a country that relies on coal.
I think if nuclear war or an EMP event occurred the last thing I would be worried about is my savings. I will guarantee you will think the same (consider that a contract)...... For a $1.
Thanks for the link.

There is believed to be a new generation of weapons that are EMP specific , i have never seen one nor the design specification however it is quite possible we may not hear a bang , nor see a bright flash in the sky but every modern vehicle would stop dead in its tracks , every phone , traffic light , computer , heart pacemaker , online banking , EFTPOS machine and most hospital equipment would cease functioning.

Would an aggressor use such a weapon over nuclear explosive ordinance to avoid killing 100,000 of their own countrymen or embedded spies ?

Hu knows....

Nor do we know if an aggressor would create a trail of evidence so an innocent party were blamed.

But its quite possible a foreign entity might step forward and "offer us their currency solution".

If Canberra was nuked they might also step forward and offer to assist us with an "interim government"

Mr Magoo said:
CreviceSucker said:
Mr Magoo said:

Thanks for the link.

Viva cash..... Or Bitcoin

Based upon the success rate of government policy in this country i wouldnt be at all surprised if they made choices to invest trillions of dollars in the next white elephant. ( cashless society / E-Currency )

I was supercritical of the price tag when NBN was announced but thought ... "Great stuff , at least we can win a better network encryption capability over optic fibre"

There are many academics who are now saying the NBN is a white elephant superceded by 4G / 5G WiFi and that it should have been scrapped 2 - 3 years ago or the roll out cash splash suspended.

However i think they may come to value NBN because optic fibre is _immune to EMP / HEMP from nuclear weapons_

;)

That's Why Trump wants a 'Space Force'... He actually has got one and they are in training as we speak and will be up there in, He hopes, 12 months time... He wanted to use the ISS but was warned that would upset every one of the 15 nations( I think) that make the ISS their home.. After all the ISS is used for Friendly activities.
"From above the Earth, for the Earth" is the ISS motto or something like that..... Not spying or for War... But I think with all the 'alone time' in their Private Module the Russians are up to something.. Quite often they are not seen on any internal camera for days at a time...

China is also building their own 'Space Station'... Its being built in China at the moment and they have begun testing components for space conditions... But the real worrying thing is this...

Very few know that China released a Satellite into a very high level orbit, Higher than anything else ever launched into an Orbit above the Earth about 2yrs ago, and was able to send a Missile to blow it up... That was a test for bigger things to come...
They were only caught out doing this as it was Seen by the ISS (the launch then the explosion) China thought it was too dark for them to see it as it was daytime and the iss would be looking into the sun, but they were very wrong on that one and after the ISS reported it to NASA, NASA confirmed that no rocket was launched from Friendly soil, So NASA reported it to the US military who later confirmed that this did take place ... The military knew about it but never told NASA until NASA asked them about it...

So it can very easily happen today, Tomorrow or in 10yrs time I feel... I find all this stuff very interesting.. :lol:

LW...

Amazed by the responses. I have being saying to the good wife, Mrs RJ that out silver and gold coins, ingots, nuggets etc will become valuable for trading in a cashless society. Collecting, Hoarding of these items will become much more prominent.

G'day

Apparently there is more cash out of circulation that cant be accounted for than what is in circulation so its pretty obvious that many people are keeping a stash just in case, also many are stashing silver and gold, but the only problem I can see with that is if and when the chit hits the fan and people start to produce gold and silver to trade for food and so on they themselves will become a target and probably be relieved of their stash, if people will fight in the isles of woolies for chit tickets then what would they do to in desperation to feed their families?

If you are going to do this or be a prepper then you will have to be prepared to fight as well, as things are not going well in the world and many people are now more worried about the future than they have been in the past, even more so now with the conspiracy theory brigade convincing more people that covet 19 is a cover up and 5G will kill us all , I heard on the news that this year in the US was the biggest year in history for the sales of guns and ammunition, no real surprise there but if you purchase guns legally then also someone will know about them and you will either be relieved of them by the government or if others know about what you have once again you could end up the target yourself.

Probably never been a better time to head bush and stay there I reckon.

cheers

stayyerAU

We should all be ok if we go cashless. This is a prospecting forum and we could all use our gold that we have been squirreling away ;)

HippyProspecting said:
We should all be ok if we go cashless. This is a prospecting forum and we could all use our gold that we have been squirreling away ;)

I guarantee you if they bring in cashless they will make it illegal to own gold or trade with it.

They will probably create a stinkfest first by claiming there is a lot of fake gold in circulation to scare people off buying it , then they will claim its being used for trade by drug dealers , then they will bring in a ban on ownership of it unless you are a licensed authorised person.

I would trust a potato more than some of the players in Canberra.

Latest posts