Bucket List find Rising Sun

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a collector of military medals and badges I was more than chuffed when I saw this little cracker come out of the earth, :)
Quite a mixed bag found within 30mins, will be going back to that spot me thinks.
1450058064_sun1.jpg

Cheers RJ, hope you find one too mate.
Preliminary clean tells me 1921, 1922 Half pennies, and Luke of Melbourne made the Rising Sun which is WW2 era. One of the larger bullet shells has RA at the top and 41 at the bottom, assuming the 41 is a date?
C
1450061622_group2.jpg

ColinD said:
The crown in the badge looks like a skull in that photo which is cool :)
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it,... must be the oil and the light angle,.... looks great Colin, well done. :p ;) :D

These came from a lot of land that some friends of ours are going to put on the market, they mentioned it at another friends BBQ so I just chanced my arm and asked if I could detect it before it goes... they said "go for it" so I will :p
Will hammer the hell out of it just in case it goes before I've had my fill, but the signs aren't even up yet so I should get a good go at it, this is where I found an 1888 penny and a belt buckle that I wondered if it was military on my first look at it last week, is on the way home from work, so I can jump in for half hour sessions.
C
Any help on this buckle appreciated
1450075204_buckle.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing the info mate. I was just wondering :) The belt buckle reminds me of the ones I had in scouts with a fleur de leia ( hahaha I have no idea how to spell it ) that went in the round join

Wally I think you've hit that nail right on the head :)
Really appreciate that, their land lot is on the Victorian Goldfields as well... looks like there was a clumsy Irishman walking around with his pants constantly around his ankles

I REALLY want the other half of that buckle 8) gonna turn that place upside down looking for it :)

Latest posts