Hi There

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just started into this hobby with the wife recently. We are from Sydney.
Grabbed some pans online and some part dirt to practice a bit first.
It's always nice to know you can find gold in your pan before you get to a creek :)

We went to Essington State Forest a few weeks back and had little luck, looked for likely spots alone Brisbane Valley Creek, but maybe it was just too high to get a good idea.
Finally, late in the day got to the Sewells cr Rd causeway (i think), crosses Brisbane valley creek and had a try on the north east side a little ways up.
Found a couple of tiny specs, but it got pretty dark and we had to call it.

I just saw on Navmin there is now a DP 7005//DP94667 on both sides of the creek on the north side, so I guess that spot's no longer available?
Any ideas about what we could do? Maybe take the dirt road on the north side, past the lease and come through there?

Cheers

John

Attachments

• SewellsCreekRd.jpg
    SewellsCreekRd.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 0
What about about trying native dog creek, theres and old mine tunnel near the causway there and ive panned a few gram s in that spot after the rains 👍💰

Native dog creek is off limits all along it's course by the look of it. Something about endangered frogs, I believe.

Unless you mean just north of the road?

Which way from the causeway to the mine? It would be interesting to have a look at least.

Attachments

• nativedogcreek.jpg
    nativedogcreek.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • NativeDogandSewells.jpg
    NativeDogandSewells.jpg
    775.1 KB · Views: 0
Native dog creek is off limits all along it's course by the look of it. Something about endangered frogs, I believe.

Unless you mean just north of the road?

Which way from the causeway to the mine? It would be interesting to have a look at least.
Its been a while, like 40yrs since ive been up therebut from memory i think i turned left off the rd from black springs to oberon and you came down onto a a bridge causway and theres an old copper mine on the right at the causway👍🤔

Latest posts