BIAS belly up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Like some of you I sometimes use Bias boating for difficult to get bits and pieces like hose tails , Y pieces, odd hooks and brackets etc.

Anyway today I was looking for some stainless cable for a job at work and tried ringing the local branch with no luck. I then rang some of the other Sydney branches with the same result then I found this.

http://www.marinebusiness.com.au/news/bias-boating-placed-in-administration

Looks to me that all the Sydney branches are closed.

Bumma, and I've just got their new catalog. :eek: Was going to use a lot of their gear on the new fit out for the Cat. :(

WalnLiz said:
Bumma, and I've just got their new catalog. :eek: Was going to use a lot of their gear on the new fit out for the Cat. :(

retail businesses going into administration will often shut the doors for a couple of days while they conduct a stocktake and then argue with the suppliers over who owns what (this is the reason for that clause on the bottom of a lot of invoices now that says "Title retained until paid in full") then flog the remaining stock off at next to nothing , you may be in luck, even if it is at the expense of the owners of the business.

Latest posts