Goldtarget update

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Hey PA'ers,

Just a quick drop by to give the members who Ive come to know and enjoy a bit of my news.

For now Im having the odd day, like maybe once a month coin shooting, but Ive all but given up on the gold.

Finished house build. First ever new build. Honestly a nightmare but its over. Missed a trip to Egypt with daughter as it ran so over contract.

Shed slab boxed ready for pour.

Finally have a place for the Greenhouse in the backyard!

Finished painting first ever Display house for the building company I subby to in Shepparton with the bloke I work for. Beautiful job.

Daughter got married to our (new) Son in law, couldnt be happier for them.

Have picked up a couple of hobbies to fill the gap of gold hunting, and spend most of my time in another (un-related international) forum these days.

Ill only be dropping in from time to time as I have regular commitments over there, but if anyone wants to catch up (or any future Vic PA meets) I still have the same ph number or theres always the inbox.

When I moved had a couple dolly pots left over, all welded, some painted, some with crusher rods.

If you're a well established member and you're passing through 3629 Vic postcode sometime come grab one free if Im available.

Hope all is great in your worlds, and may your pans be heavy and digs be golden.

Cheers!

20220329_154811.jpg20220329_154841.jpg20220329_155248.jpg20220323_142809.jpg20220628_115024.jpg

Thanks @Simmo .

The forum is in exceptional hands, and its great to see some old faces returning with a second wind.

I for one, got a great deal of new information and inspiration from @WalnLiz when I first joined up. So nice to see that spirit revived.

The other forum Im in (like many) use an almost identical layout to this one. Its been an amazing experience watching so many creative people use it to its fullest capabilities.

The frequent postings are centered around daily and weekly updates, and its just fantastic to follow along with peoples progress, experience, and advice, while creating my own (novice) content, trying my hand at new things.

Ive learnt so much about the world, about people, and how entertaining a well thought out and dedicated documenting of process can be with all the tools available.

Truly a wonderful time to be a part of it.

If my enthusiasm and experiences chasing the gold had coincided with the new forum layout I would have shared much more, and found much satisfaction in it.

Whatever Ive left here over the journey I hope others find some value in. Ill never abandon here completely, lots of great people, and who knows, I might go back to the gold again in a dedicated way one day.

No shortage of trusted folks Ive come to have regular contact and outings with, but my heart hasnt been in it with the dedication needed for a while. Things may change.

In the meantime all the new an old members alike will no doubt collaborate and continue to contribute to both the forum, and to prospecting world, while I focus on other things. Its the natural ebb and flow that any forum goes through.

Ill never be able to repay all the good will, laughter, and great advice given and shown to me.

Thanks @Simmo .

The forum is in exceptional hands, and its great to see some old faces returning with a second wind.

I for one, got a great deal of new information and inspiration from @WalnLiz when I first joined up. So nice to see that spirit revived.

The other forum Im in (like many) use an almost identical layout to this one. Its been an amazing experience watching so many creative people use it to its fullest capabilities.

The frequent postings are centered around daily and weekly updates, and its just fantastic to follow along with peoples progress, experience, and advice, while creating my own (novice) content, trying my hand at new things.

Ive learnt so much about the world, about people, and how entertaining a well thought out and dedicated documenting of process can be with all the tools available.

Truly a wonderful time to be a part of it.

If my enthusiasm and experiences chasing the gold had coincided with the new forum layout I would have shared much more, and found much satisfaction in it.

Whatever Ive left here over the journey I hope others find some value in. Ill never abandon here completely, lots of great people, and who knows, I might go back to the gold again in a dedicated way one day.

No shortage of trusted folks Ive come to have regular contact and outings with, but my heart hasnt been in it with the dedication needed for a while. Things may change.

In the meantime all the new an old members alike will no doubt collaborate and continue to contribute to both the forum, and to prospecting world, while I focus on other things. Its the natural ebb and flow that any forum goes through.

Ill never be able to repay all the good will, laughter, and great advice given and shown to me.

Hope all that's the best in life follows you around Goldtarget, and the candle lighting your enthusiasm never burns out.

Been a wild few weeks/months. Had thought a few times about getting out having a dig but never made time.

We avoided the worst of the floods but it seriously made an impression. 20221016_185642.jpg

Got Shed built, gardens started.

Did a few private jobs including this one. Very happy with the results. 20221011_145602.jpg20221011_150204.jpg20220930_105712.jpg20220920_152006.jpg20220914_092846.jpg

Hope this all finds you well.

Had the big find generate some discussion about gold detecting in my circle and made me think of all of you at PA!

Man, hows the gold price!?

Im sure most of you are operating in the same crazy circumstances we find ourselves in the post Covid world both socially and economically, so I hope this all finds you well in spite of that.

Had a sort gold adventure a little while back, a mate and myself dug a few holes and washed some rocks. Its truly a hobby thats good for the mind, body, and soul.

My family and I have all found ourselves going through difficult but rewarding times on the personal front, in case anyone had wondered.

In the background I have been securing support to oppose some of the upside down rules that continue to erode our long standing enjoyment of activities in a natural environment, whilst simultaneously gathering information and permissions for private access should the worst ever occur.

Its really opened my eyes to just how much of an undercurrent is out there that cannot accept the slow and steady over reach brought down from the top.

I think in part thats the solution, to bring individuals together who are sensible, like minded, and see the value in supporting each other for common goals. It wont change the rules, but it will allow freedom to engage in activities that have been in the sights of the gatekeepers.

I believe we are reaching a point where enough interest groups have recognised the game being played, to shut down and actively (legally) discriminate against individuals and pursuits in unjustified ways, and in response are prepared to organise and allow access to private areas.

Thats not the same as push back, or having suitable and sensible regulation in relation in public areas, but its a start.

So if you're a prospector, hunter, shooter, 4wder, camper, fisherman, rider, bushman, wood collector, or general outdoor enthusiast, take heart that even if the game of excluding or restricting you from public areas gets worse, good people will continue to band together to make sure its not from everywhere.

Had the big find generate some discussion about gold detecting in my circle and made me think of all of you at PA!

Man, hows the gold price!?

Im sure most of you are operating in the same crazy circumstances we find ourselves in the post Covid world both socially and economically, so I hope this all finds you well in spite of that.

Had a sort gold adventure a little while back, a mate and myself dug a few holes and washed some rocks. Its truly a hobby thats good for the mind, body, and soul.

My family and I have all found ourselves going through difficult but rewarding times on the personal front, in case anyone had wondered.

In the background I have been securing support to oppose some of the upside down rules that continue to erode our long standing enjoyment of activities in a natural environment, whilst simultaneously gathering information and permissions for private access should the worst ever occur.

Its really opened my eyes to just how much of an undercurrent is out there that cannot accept the slow and steady over reach brought down from the top.

I think in part thats the solution, to bring individuals together who are sensible, like minded, and see the value in supporting each other for common goals. It wont change the rules, but it will allow freedom to engage in activities that have been in the sights of the gatekeepers.

I believe we are reaching a point where enough interest groups have recognised the game being played, to shut down and actively (legally) discriminate against individuals and pursuits in unjustified ways, and in response are prepared to organise and allow access to private areas.

Thats not the same as push back, or having suitable and sensible regulation in relation in public areas, but its a start.

So if you're a prospector, hunter, shooter, 4wder, camper, fisherman, rider, bushman, wood collector, or general outdoor enthusiast, take heart that even if the game of excluding or restricting you from public areas gets worse, good people will continue to band together to make sure its not from everywhere.
I've allready solved this problem and it's awesome mate ey 😎

Been a busy few weeks.

Work has gone crazy all of a sudden after being a bit soft coming into Easter.

Couple of serious repaints on renos has been a lot of fun.20230116_140942.jpg20230126_140051.jpg20230126_140116.jpg

The new work has been bigger jobs of late20230412_090630.jpg20230222_113302.jpg

The summer veges were a sweet success, kept the neighbours in tommys and zucchinis all throughout, made a real impression.20230301_174416.jpg
The winter crops went in 2 weeks ago, while the greenhouse has been kept busy housing pineberries, fingerlimes, and the last of the potted tomatoes.

Found a bit of spare time to do up the (new build) house and shed. Inside has me painting feature walls, and wainscoting.

Mrs GT has had me busy with side projects.

Heres a bit of a peak. 20230507_143606.jpg20230507_131457.jpg20230514_202130.jpg

At this time of year find a yearning for the bush, a detector, and a campfire.

Miss having a swing and swishing the dish, so if you're out there hope you're on the gold!

Last edited:
Wow dont the months just fly by!

No new gold to report, simply haven't had time to be organised, boss reckons theres holidays can be squeezed in during September at some stage, might have to dig out the pans.

Couple mates had some luck after heavy rains pulling in over an ounce each on some old ground where mother nature had done some raking of the leaf litter, and got a few more in a burn area.

Made me look at detector sales second hand seriously for a month or two, maybe the RBA might see its way clear to ease up and free up some time and funds and make it happen.

Hope everyone is kicking goals and having some luck.

Go Pies.

Latest posts