Beach / Sand Scoops - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
i've been looking around for a cheap beach scoop and until i save enough $ to buy a nice stainless one i'll buy one of these.

1417478098_feed_scoop.jpg

Now i know that the picture is pink, but they come in all different colours...and for only $9.95.
Grab a drill and bung in a bunch of holes and there you go.

FYI...this is the equivalent on ebay. Hope this helps people, and for guys like me who have an xterra, this will be perfect for dry sand.

1417478324_beach_scoop.jpg

Excellent detective work there Bingo.....
I got a Horselands just up the road....off to buy a few of them
Well spotted

Are there any locally produced stainless sand scoops on the market? I have a local fabricator interested in making some if there is a market.

Some good designs would come in handy as my fabricator has no experience with sand scoops. He works with aluminium and stainless and does a quality job.
He has checked out my stainless scoop and can make similar items.

Same here would be interested
Looking at getting one from one of the Ukraine / Latvia suppliers that have
Been recommended they have a few designs on eBay look stunning pieces of work
But come with a price to match
Cheers mr t

Yes. I'd be interested in a good quality sand scoop also.

The cheap Chinese plastic ones are not cheap, just crappy, and the stainless steel scoops are pricey. $300 plus USD from the US and $200 plus USD from Ukraine and Latvia. (Yes I checked on FleaBay also!) :)

kleinman98 said:
Are there any locally produced stainless sand scoops on the market? I have a local fabricator interested in making some if there is a market.

Does Tassie count as 'local'? :)

BenMick stainless steel mining equipment has been sold through Tassie Detecting & Prospecting for a while (http://www.tassiedetecting.com/store/c7/BenMick_Tassie_Made_Products.html), and I see he's now selling his scoops direct on eBay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Metal-de...12?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item463536dc50

Gday all I'm hoping some of you guys can help me out with some info on where and who I can get a good long handle aluminum sandscoop from here in oz any info is greatly appreciated.
Cheers chippy.

Thanks for the advice
Wiil take note and look for something a little wider gape
Any think you recommend. Would appreciate

Thanks

I just bought a brand new stainless steel scoop really well reinforced from the US being from Florida called a Miami.

I got a great deal with the price being $180.00 US but I paid $180.00 AUD delivered should get it later next week or soon after.

Will make my beach detecting much easier also covering more ground.

Good hunting.

CGS :)

Nice design Ryan, very similar to my Indiana scoop except for the pointed front. If I can make a suggestion, the first area on my scoop that failed (stress cracks in the welds) was the front edges on the top of the scoop (see pic), some extra bracing here will make a world of difference to the longevity of the scoop. Also the section highlighted in the rectangle eventually snapped clean in half, so don't skimp on metal thickness in this spot. Good luck with the build. :)

1425661995_img_20150307_034311.jpg

Latest posts