Banjo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, Spot on AR the clay is the killer. when i get a bit more time tonight i post a pump that may work and its legal up in QLD. {i think}cheers

AtomRat said:
I thoroughly enjoyed the vids and discussion here guys. Excellent vids cecc, and what an awesome machine jemba. Thanks for putting in the time to record and upload it all!

It works very well, I'd probably want to prevent the rush of water off the back end for situations where there's not much water and you need to recirculate. I think ill even have a go makin one some day soon for some dry areas I get around to. Clay would still be my enemy unless it was puddled before put into the sluice

Ladle is a bloody rippa mate :D

Thanks AR...glad u liked the vids I promised Jemba I would do this for him....and I like to live up to my word. Shows people what equipment folks used years ago and how it can still be utilised even now, like here in QLD where we're so restricted.

AR you can adjust that flow of water from the top hopper by reducing the angle we just have to play with it and see what works out, as Jemba say's, 'fine tuning'

Yes clay would have to be puddled before hand, having said that, in gravely area's this unit will kill it.

Thanks to Jemba once again.

Jembaicumbene said:
Thanks guys, Spot on AR the clay is the killer. when i get a bit more time tonight i post a pump that may work and its legal up in QLD. {i think}cheers

Yeah Jemba and AR at Deep Creek, wow it's tought clay ask Yobs and Cody and Tribsa....and me. But we're still working on it. Thanks mate this pump sounds interesting.

Out last time in Gympie, I soaked material for about 4-5 hours and then stirred it up, rubbed between my fingers and hands, helped a lot, but still had a few stubborn blighters hanging around.

AR I'll do another vid with reduces angle on top hopper to show u guys, I reckon it will reduce the flow. The flow also depends on the force also how you throw it into the hopper, these are things Jemba has advised us to play around with.

Yeah dirtdemon, as Yobs said a diaphragm pump is the go. That's why we're trying the 'Banjo' out don't need any pump just man power which we're keen to do. When we eventually get it into a creek I'll certainly do a video for you all.

Just what's need here in QLD.

Good old fashion Qld determination and grit....the stuff legends are made of... and a smokey Hotdog lunch break washed down with ale.... ;) bloody restrictions...we will show"em!

Haha, Yeah Yobs, they might try and squash us into the mud, but we'll rise like the warrior....more determined with pan and banjo in hand. Actually can I have Italian sausages?

Forgot to mention, when Tribsa came around yesterday and had a go and we did some testing, we had some v rubber matting that he brought around and put it up the top of the bottom sluice section down to first ripple, we put 4x 1/4 split shot in the gravel and it was very light and flat, and in one test one stayed on the black matting, and in all tests the whole 4 were kept in the Banjo in the riffles or miners moss.

Thanks for the banjo info guys. I was looking a few years ago at them and there is very little information about them on the net, let alone videos. I would love to understand a little more about them like why are the riffles only on the lower half? Looking forward to further updates. B

Your right there is not much on the net about the Banjo thats the way I like it. A Banjo has a slightly different operating system than what other bankers have which includes a gold tray, removable drop box, slick areas and a cavitation break. Which all adds to the riffles been on the lower half. The little unit you see on the video here is another story where a large slick area is required for separation of the material. Thats about it in a nut shell so to speak. Cheers mate

cecc mate the little unit dose not need it not enough water to activate the break. But the bigger one well that is another yarn indeed. cheers

Did another test today on the banjo, used 11 pieces of lead all different sizes, caught them all. Put through 2 good amounts of gravels.

Y8k6TBx.jpg

Yeah mate dreaming about it, some nights after watching gold prospecting video's I feel like jumping in the car with banjo, big jim torch, pan, bucket and shovel and go digging. Think I might put banjo in the bedroom tonight....make sure it's ok. hahah lol.....got the fever Yobs, if something don't happen soon I'm going to start digging the back yard.

cecc said:
Yeah mate dreaming about it, some nights after watching gold prospecting video's I feel like jumping in the car with banjo, big jim torch, pan, bucket and shovel and go digging. Think I might put banjo in the bedroom tonight....make sure it's ok. hahah lol.....got the fever Yobs, if something don't happen soon I'm going to start digging the back yard.

hahahaha yea mate put some new flower beds in..and a japanese rock garden....we will do Friday get steve primed..
rain hail or shine we will get some gold.

Latest posts