Banjo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate i just hope it works out for you guys. When you see it you will understand how simple they are to make. all you have to do is copy what has been done. You can make them as big as you wish or as small as you need. cheers mate

Len you funny bugger...hahaha
I havent been to spot X since the floods but there is always gold there...last flood was fast so im guessing it pushed some big klunkers down stream... dont loose sleep over angles i will show ya a thing or two...on the day .

yobskin said:
Len you funny bugger...hahaha
I havent been to spot X since the floods but there is always gold there...last flood was fast so im guessing it pushed some big klunkers down stream... dont loose sleep over angles i will show ya a thing or two...on the day .

Ha thanks mate, good to get a laugh aye mate? No mate got the angles sorted, had another test this arvo with top hopper and you can see the difference, like it much better. We're ready for spot 'X'.

On ya Yobs.

Did ya's hear the old chooks in the the video, neighbors chooks were going off. Must of been a big old egg.

nicko61 said:
what does one of these cost?

Mate the idea behind them is to make them for yourself, there so simple to make they really are. All they are is one box on top of another {short description}. When the testing is done and it works in an manner that the guys in QLD are happy with i will make the plans available via PM. But not until they are happy with it. Sorry mate but keep an eye on this site to see how it turns out. cheers

Thanks Jemba, yeah we will keep the feedback coming in for you all and for Jemba to see how we're going. I'll try and do lot's of video and describe what angles were doing and what seems to work best. What ground we're working and how it handles it etc.

Ok today Tribsa came around to have a go on the banjo, tried some 1/4 split shot flat and very light, to test it, put 4 pieces in and she kept them no worries, even had some minute bit's of what looked bit's of gold with amalgam over it, i'm talking fly poop size and it kept that too, Here is a video we did and you can see the water and gravel flowing down over the bottom sluice we tried with a bit of v rubber matting up the top and it seemed to work well too.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/IdmrN9zhD4U[/video]

Hahaha nice ladle... ripple mat is a good idea on the runway..
Cant wait to see you boys give it a work out! Team work will get the gold! Thor is rattling the shite out of my house atm....3hr straight....multiple bangs plenty of rain no wind. Here comes more flood gold.... :D

Like the ladle aye Yobs? Thought it might not be strong enough but seems to be holding ok quite good....yeah thanks to Tribsha he brought some matting around, just gotta glue her down now. Yeah mate, teamwork. We reckon 3-5 buckets each, run it through one putting the dirt in one ladling then clean out and put the cons into bucket, then next bloke with his dirt and same again. Do this all day......man should move some gravel this way. Old Thor......where's his brother to tell him to cut it out.

Wow we haven't got that here just a bit of rain, no thunder or lightning.

Bring on the flood gold.

You should be able to run 15 buckets before clean out or perhaps half a day of shoveling...river gravel? Split the gold at the end of the day....or you waste time panning out 6-7 bits every couple of hours...

Jembaicumbene said:
nicko61 said:
what does one of these cost?

Mate the idea behind them is to make them for yourself, there so simple to make ......... the guys in QLD are happy with i will make the plans available via PM. But not until they are happy with it. Sorry mate but keep an eye on this site to see how it turns out. cheers

Good stuff - many thx jamba ......... I reckon I'll be making one of these "lil beauties" as soon as the beta testings over and the plans are out :) .....

yobskin said:
You should be able to run 15 buckets before clean out or perhaps half a day of shoveling...river gravel? Split the gold at the end of the day....or you waste time panning out 6-7 bits every couple of hours...

No we won't be panning, just putting the cons into our relevant buckets and start again.

Jemba told me he goes till lunch before clean out, then at the end of the day.

Cool looking unit , was just wondering for you guys up in Qld is it possible to use some sort of hand crank water pump ? or is that classed as mechanical too ?

What springs to mind for me is the rotary crank type pumps such as you bolt into 44 gallon drums to extract fluid , would they be legal to use ?

A second idea , that jumped in my head is some sort of bucket / container with a water tap suspended on some sort of rig above the Hopper to gravity feed water ?

And wondering if some sort of pump , whether hand crank or other could be used to fill the water container , so technically the sluice operation is not operating by "mechanical means , all you are doing is filling up the water vessel being used ?

Just a bit of thinking out of left field trying to find a loophole in the Rules and regs to exploit. ;) :D

I thoroughly enjoyed the vids and discussion here guys. Excellent vids cecc, and what an awesome machine jemba. Thanks for putting in the time to record and upload it all!

It works very well, I'd probably want to prevent the rush of water off the back end for situations where there's not much water and you need to recirculate. I think ill even have a go makin one some day soon for some dry areas I get around to. Clay would still be my enemy unless it was puddled before put into the sluice

Ladle is a bloody rippa mate :D

Latest posts