australias out back trip for some koreans

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
9 koreans in 2 cars out in the out back all around the age of 20 roll 1 car,
2 hurt, but when we came across the car I could see
they did not swerve to miss a roo as they had told the station manager.
They took a corner right hand from the inside and rolled,
North and South Korea drive on the right.
But also the dude still had his foot on the gas as I could see thru the skid.
Frik, crazy.
The next day as they had to stay at the station there other car breaks down so we got that going.
The holden v6 had 2 times the oil lvl and they were about to give the car more oil
one korean was going to pour the oil down the dipstick of the tran (they had an Auto) instead of
down the oil spout.lol.
what the prob was early morn and my thoughts was that the motor had no car compression
but arostart and bit of juce in a battery kick and started, I looked in the back seat and on the ground
was a bottle of petrol, a plastic fruit juce bottle full.
they did not speak english only 1 girl and only very little.
frik.
+ not one a thank you.
the station manager showed me 2 other Korean cars that rolled in the not so past.
australias out back dangers for our internationals.

1432453318_cold_morn.jpg

incredible Cheese...

Its just like all the foreigners you hear about drowning at the beaches.....they have never swum in their life!

No common sense, no sense of land area and the shear size of Oz.

I remember when I lived in Darwin you would see foreign tourists on push bikes in the middle of nowhere with seemingly few supplies and possessions. . . I thought they were crazy :p

In your experience it seems their arrogance as to the cause of the accident proves that cannot be helped taught common sense, lucky you were there to help them out

Reminds me of the 2 german backpackers we helped/rescued off the northern end of Fraser.
They were stuck in their land lords navara ute with low profile tyres running 45psi.

After we deflated the tyres and I reversed it back down the track for them I had a chat with the two, I asked them where they were planning on staying for the night- they told me they were headed for the northern tip of fraser- a quick look through the single cab revealed :
A banana on the dash
2 outdoor citronella bamboo lanterns cable tied across the back of the cab in a mad max style " X "
Small bottle of water.

I then asked the two early twenty year old guys who they were going to meet up with and they told me it was just them.
After a bit of a laugh i asked them where they were planning on sleeping/eating/drinking and they went on to say they were going to sleep on the flat bed tray (no sleeping bags or mattress and not a shnitzel or cransky in sight) :)

I advised them that it probably wasn't the best idea as it gets quite soft up there and the tides can come right up and cover 90% of the beach, a few laughs and thankyou's later they were off back down south.

I use to live up in Cairns, always, at least once a week you would hear about tourists, usually Japanese, either drawing, being stung by box jellyfish or being taken by the crocs. I don't understand, there are massive warning signs EVERYWHERE.

I fell for it too. Thought it was a joke.
Perhaps a joke thread is a good idea also . Somewhere to round up all these random titled funnies .

Most of the headons involving tourists (especially Asians) are on the wrong side of road - not used to having 2 hours drive between towns, fatiqued, slip into a micro sleep, wake up and think they're on the wrong side of the road - the rest is history!

Dirt roads and city drivers ...... I've seen a lot of roll overs within the first couple of miles of leaving the bitumen .... coincidence, nah!

Joke thread or forum ..... why not - wouldn't go astray with you blokes ;)

We lived up at Daintree for 7 years, I have lost count of the number of times I had a car coming at me on the wrong side of the road. There were also a lot of head on collisions up there, mostly Americans in hire cars forgetting where they were.

My mum and dad live on Kangaroo island and they have rented 4wds in ditches everywhere with Japanese tourists who slide of the road and suddenly find themselves upside down miss Jane. :p

rotor said:
Most of the headons involving tourists (especially Asians) are on the wrong side of road - not used to having 2 hours drive between towns, fatiqued, slip into a micro sleep, wake up and think they're on the wrong side of the road - the rest is history!

Dirt roads and city drivers ...... I've seen a lot of roll overs within the first couple of miles of leaving the bitumen .... coincidence, nah!

Joke thread or forum ..... why not - wouldn't go astray with you blokes ;)

We already have a section called "Comedy Shack" for jokes and humour. ;)

Yeah it's ill prepared tourists that do their part to lock up Australia. Idiot proofing is becoming so prevalent. On my last trip up the west coast in my troopy I dragged out 2 car loads of Japanese tourists who thought they could drive on the sand dunes at Lancelin dunes. They were in a Honda Civic and Hyundai Excel. Was quite hilarious at the time and I was surprised they'd made it as far in before getting stuck. Had to tow them about a KM before they could find any traction. The first guy decided it'd be a good idea to leave the hand brake on. The troopy didn't notice the extra resistance as I dragged him back to the road like a skim board but his brakes were smoking. He couldn't identify the problem by smell and thought that's the smell that comes from when your vehicle runs out of fuel despite the fuel gauge indicating half a tank. Had me praying these guys didn't attempt any outback adventures.

Not just the outback. We regularly have tourists die of hypothermia down here. And they're not all international. The way I see it, if you haven't experienced something before, you're totally unaware of the danger, and maybe even think you know better than those pesky warnings. SURELY they're exaggerating.
For example, every couple of years, someone visiting Cradle Mountain usually dies. It's a hot summer day, maybe pushing 30 degrees. Where they come from, maybe the weather doesn't change so quickly. They go for a casual walk carrying a camera and water bottle, maybe wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Down here the weather can go from 30 degrees to sub-zero in less than half an hour. If you're out there like that, you get wet as the front comes through, and then you'll be out in the snow with howling winds. Last year a tourist died who was carrying their gear for an overnight walk in the mountains in supermarket plastic shopping bags.
Same goes with tourists wading in the creeks in FNQ, or travelling 1000s of Kms in the outback without the proper gear.

mfdes said:
Not just the outback. We regularly have tourists die of hypothermia down here. And they're not all international. The way I see it, if you haven't experienced something before, you're totally unaware of the danger, and maybe even think you know better than those pesky warnings. SURELY they're exaggerating.
For example, every couple of years, someone visiting Cradle Mountain usually dies. It's a hot summer day, maybe pushing 30 degrees. Where they come from, maybe the weather doesn't change so quickly. They go for a casual walk carrying a camera and water bottle, maybe wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Down here the weather can go from 30 degrees to sub-zero in less than half an hour. If you're out there like that, you get wet as the front comes through, and then you'll be out in the snow with howling winds. Last year a tourist died who was carrying their gear for an overnight walk in the mountains in supermarket plastic shopping bags.
Same goes with tourists wading in the creeks in FNQ, or travelling 1000s of Kms in the outback without the proper gear.

That happened when I lived in Cairns a group of people were fossicking in a river in the wet reason, the water can go from a simple running creek to a wild torrent in a matter of minutes up there.

I have a mate who used to advertise in Japanese magazines and sell them well set up motor bikes for their dream trip across Australia.
He would grantee to buy them back when they returned.
Needless to say not many of them returned.

I had a run in up north with a couple of Germans north of Weipa,came around the corner so fast they almost sideswiped us ,the wing mirror was ripped off We stopped to exchange details ,and popped the obvious ? Why fu...king Monte Carlo in the bush. The replied the car kept getting stuck in soft sand. We decided to put there front hubs into lock mode.Guess what their insurance company sent us a letter of demand for the damage :(

backcreek said:
I have a mate who used to advertise in Japanese magazines and sell them well set up motor bikes for their dream trip across Australia.
He would grantee to buy them back when they returned.
Needless to say not many of them returned.

When I read that I cringed ' hope your not still friends with that mate .

There was a story going round in Kal caravan park many years back when there about a Jap who was found on the Nullarbor pushing a wheely bin trying to cross Australia , the guy was doing this in the summer and sheltering under the lid , when he got saved :)

Latest posts