Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on give us a more definite time line I feel deprived, later next year gives you blokes too much wriggle room. You know more than you let on come on give us the month at least :lol:.

In all seriousness we really enjoyed the whole program thanks to everyone involved especially the prospectors who put their money on the line. Great program my wife and I are looking forward to the next season.

I also enjoyed the show, maybe a little less staged drama ( the bogged scene was poorly done and came across as very corny) and do we really need a token Canadian or Yank? There are plenty of real life characters in Australian prospecting.

Magilla said:
There are plenty of real life characters in Australian prospecting.

Like General Hercules, lol, need an R rating though. :D

I enjoyed the documentary too Diana, to be honest I didn't at first but it grew on me pretty quickly, looking forward to the next season now.

Henryyyyyy :)

Everyone did very well, I just wish you made it look at bit harder than it did. I don't want everyone running around out there chasing our gold 8.(

Thanks for dropping in and letting us know about season 2. Looking forward to it.

Still to watch the last 3 episodes following eye surgery and glad to hear another series has been approved by the network gods.
Now looking forward to series 7 off Gold Rush ... no idea when it will air on Foxtel in Aus.
Cheers T.

Diana and Electric Pictures,

well done team...pretty good series although I would have liked some more episodes. Would have liked a better wrap up of outcomes in the last episode.

Good to see some Australian characters and great to see another good Aussie production.

Great news the folks are back for a second season.

Well done Diana...excellent production!!! :)

Westaus said:
Henryyyyyy :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: got love her passion, their a good team. Getting great results from research and only using metal detectors. Bettered their expectations with the view to purchasing plant equipment, I hope all goes well for them.

A great production but the real champions are the prospectors imo without them there is no production. I'd like to see more detail of the bureaucratic struggles to put a true perspective on the challenges they face before turning any dirt.

Maybe a washup episode or two after each series to cover the above and give the audience some idea of how it works in the real world.

Great show Diana! Personally I prefer to see more of the metal detectors being used, as few
of us can hope or expect to get out there with the heavy machinery. Also as you showed, they're
much more mobile and can quickly jump around from location to location, which also makes for
better viewing as we get to see a lot of different places. And good to see no groups of 'Christians'
huddling together praying to God to give them gold :)

Fantastic show Diana, just really disappointed how quickly the hour disappears...just want to see more & more hate having to wait a hole week to watch one of my favourite shows on tv. Please keep them coming.
P.S special requests from some of my friends without Foxtel, how soon till airing on mainstream tv ?

Cheers from a very happy viewer :)

Gravity said:
P.S special requests from some of my friends without Foxtel, how soon till airing on mainstream tv ?

There is no current plan to for Aussie Gold Hunters Series 1 to appear on "mainstream" television at the moment as Discovery Channel will be repeating the series on Foxtel.

We'll let you know if any "free to air" stations acquire rights to Aussie Gold Hunters in the future!

And thanks everyone else for your feedback. Especially the compliments about Series 1 ;)

We are all, crew and prospectors, gearing up for our second shoot and looking forward to being back in the stunning W.A. goldfields and filming lots of beautiful gold coming out of the ground.

Regards

Diana

Loved the show this season. Would definitely be interested in seeing more. Can't wait for season 2 now.

Hi All,
I watched the show and loved it. In the show they kept talking about having to stop prospecting due to the end of the season. I take it the end of the season is not enforced by the government etc and its just because it gets too hot..
So my question.. when is gold season in WA goldfields? Is it from March to October?
I've lost my job and haven't been able to find any work. So I'm planning on buying an OKA 4x4 motor home or something similar and spending 6 months in the WA goldfields prospecting. I'm just wondering when I should plan to leave Perth. Is March ok or still too hot?

I'm thinking it would be too hot but maybe at the end of the month would be ok. Only been there in the winter for a short time Good Luck

Tombstone said:
I'm thinking it would be too hot but maybe at the end of the month would be ok. Only been there in the winter for a short time Good Luck
Hi Tombstone, with an avatar like that i.m guessing your moonta way. head on over to the introduce yourself thread and put up a post mate :D

I believe so thefitter going on this thread not that I have found the first series yet to wach though, although do feel that I will enjoy it when I see it...
producer said:
Hi prospectors,

I thought I'd come out of the lurking shadows and say g'day.

I am one of the producers of Aussie Gold Hunters and we have been interested in reading your responses to our show.

We are hoping that there will be a 2nd series commissioned by Discovery Channel soon.

Feel free to ask me any Qs here or get in touch by email to [email protected].

Episode three rolls out tomorrow night on Foxtel at 7:30pm EST.

Regards

Diana

Latest posts