Aussie Detecting & Prospecting Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read a few times about this same person & store on some Facebook groups as well, also seen a post not long back about him closing his store & dealing from his home, something about costs etc.
Seems the only way to get things on time is to only buy from in store & DO NOT pay a deposit on anything, although with no store now buying off the shelf can't happen, must be online only now.
I've never purchased anything from him & with all the crap people go through I never will purchase from him.

Thing is to run a successful business you need to carry some inventory. If you're ordering everything in as customers request it and tell them it's a week away when you know it will be much longer, you will have to close your shop. I can't see a bright future for his online business with this sort of customer feed back and reviews anyway.

Brad called me and was very helpful with an order i was going to place.

But turned out i could get it cheaper myself ordering from the US.

He didn't have them in stock and said he was going to order them in once i place the order with him, he was upfront and helpful.

Good luck to him, online business's can work, it's called Drop Shipping lads... Where you don't ever actually stock anything but you have an agreement with the suppliers where the pack and ship with your logo on the product.

Goes a little like this: Buyer orders > Online shop places order with supplier > Supplier ships directly to buyer = Happy customer

Dropshipping is nothing new in Australia mate, it all stemmed from suppliers being smarter about their products and trying to save logistics. Now it makes up some 60% of online sales but not really relevant here. What Brad does is say he has it or already has it ordered and its due in x days usually 1-2 then push for a deposit and then the stories start why you haven't got your goods.

I got my wife was sick, paypal froze my account, the supplier did not process my credit card payment, the payment bounced, the stock that came in was not your order, i'll call you tomorrow to confirm with tracking number several times, and i'm sorry i thought i mentioned i had sold out between me sending you a list of stock available and you placing an order (2 hours via 2 emails).

Drop shipping on the other hand is an agreement of stock available by the manufacturer or distributor for that manufacturer and if you are the retailer and plan to drop ship you better know whats in stock and how long its going to take and make sure you dont lie to the consumer.

the fact that hes changed his business name, created a new facebook page and changed his online url says it all.

Oh i know it's nothing new. Was just trying to explain it to people who don't know what it is.

But yeah... Hopefully he can sort his issues out, no one wants to see someone break down and fall hard, no matter how many times they have screwed up.

You're absolutely right DropBear. Nobody wants to see that happen to anybody. Unfortunately some people are their own worst enemy. I wish Brad all the best with his online business and I hope that now without the overheads associated with running a shopfront, that he makes a successful business out of it and can provide the level of service customers expect of any business. This isn't the pick on Brad show. However the amount of dissatisfied customers he's had, that isn't the customers fault. :)

Update on Aussie Detecting & Prospecting in Bendigo - the owner has closed down his shop owing money for goods paid for in full but not supplied to my husband. In a phone call around the time the shop closed, he eventually admitted the detector and other items ordered in September 2015 and paid for in full as he stated on the Tax Invoice/Receipt, will not be coming. A refund was requested but nothing has been paid to date, and yes he has my husband's address. Apparently quite a handful have lost thousands. The owner of this business is blaming his accountant. This owner doesn't appear to have any integrity. At no stage has he made any offer to make payments towards what is owing. No correspondence at all. As it stands at the moment he has stolen my husband's money. Not to be recommended. My better half should have found this forum prior to ordering from this man.

Sorry to hear about your husband's experience, did you contact the dept. of fairtrading to try and achieve an outcome? Surely if enough complaints are put forth, action would have to be taken.

Would not say massive...

He still has any number of FB pages and Admin on a good few.

One or two topics on a couple of groups... But as many have not been exposed first hand to the issues that are being highlighted, much of the behind the scenes chit chat; comes across as sour grapes and a bit of a winge with Brad being the victim in some cases ?

Without all the cold hard facts, evidence and any documented official findings - Social media can swing too and fro; day by day or hr by hr.

And Social media does not always get it right...

Hes hardly a victim here. Hes full of it. Ive seen comments shared on facebook travel right through the prospecting community. What shits me is hes running a new store under a forum name again selling products he doesnt have.

I bought some goldhog from him awhile back. Weeks later no item. Emailed him to see what he actually had in stock as opposed to transit. Agreed to change the order.
A few weeks later or original item arrived. After some internal debate I did the right thing and told him. Sure its expensive but he is a small shop...how much could he be making anyway. Found him on facebook and messaged him. Offered to either send it back or buy it with a honestly discount.

Thats my Brad story. Yep he was selling stock he didnt have and drop shipping, like so many other vendors, cant afford to have much inventory. I found him easy to deal with and nice for whats thats worth.

Sad to see a little guy burn like this regardless of whos fault it is.

G0lddigg@ said:
Hows he been burnt?

I think you are reading something into my post that isnt there. I'm not defending him or attacking him, just a observation thats its sad to watch.

Redfin said:
Just to clear this up and make sure.
I am referring to Aussie Detecting & Prospecting in Bendigo

Yes its the same again. These claims go way back since Feb this year with Brad. When is it going to end, These customers need to be reimbursed and also to the wonderful dealers who have gone out of their way to give back to those past customers who did not get their goods in the first place. Even though one fantastic dealer Greckie from CWPS who from the goodness of his heart has taken from his own stock and given back to a couple of Brad's customers. Shame on you Brad. Shame on you!!

Lynnie

Having read the posts regarding Brad, I can only lament that I didn't look before falling into his clutches. The store was in a convenient location on my journey to visit relatives in Bendigo so I called in a few times to stock up. Brad was quite pleasant to deal with as long as he didn't have to produce anything. Then the wheels fell off.

The first experience was with a bunch of gold hog mats. The usual stories - in the mail, held up by weather, etc. Fortunately, they did eventually turn up, although I had to call in to the shop and it appeared that my mats had arrived and were in display stock. I did purchase a few things off the shelf - there was not much there, but Brad did give me a reasonable price.

I then ordered (and stupidly paid for), a blue bowl after being told it would be ordered from supplier next working day. This occurred about mid September.
I haven't been able to contact him since. Needless to say, my blue bowl is "still on the wind", and given the comments in this forum, I don't expect to see it anytime soon.

Ah well - at least it was only a couple of hundred dollars - not much more than fuel to Bendigo for a few trip.

:eek:

If anyone has contact details, they would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Latest posts