Aussie Detecting & Prospecting Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it might pay to put your name on your website and a short blurb "owned and operated by J. Cleghorn" to remove any doubt from those who got burnies

:)

clegy said:
Hi Folks,

This will be the only time I ever mention this situation and I am only doing so now as I seem to be caught up in the mess.
I copped a bit in late November/early December and just recently copped it again and quite frankly it scared me a little.

My name is Justin Cleghorn, I am an importer for XP Detectors, NEL and MarsMD. I am also BRAND NEW to the metal detecting gear industry.

For the Record,

• I am NOT in anyway associated with the business mentioned in this thread.[/*]
  • I am Not sponsored, endorsed or in partnership with that Business.[/*]
  • My Domain aussiedetectorist com au is MY site (Blog) and NOT a reincarnation of the above business.[/*]
  • Sending me messages to vent your frustration unfortunately will not help you, I do not know the guy in Question NOR can I influence the situation in anyway.[/*]
  • My business is in fact NOT associated with anyone else, I act on my own behalf.[/*]

The facts are that I had a Verbal agreement to supply this business, but after doing my due diligence I withdrew the offer and Formally closed our informal agreement.
In total that took 48 hours

One of my domains is similar (see above).
This could be the source of the confusion as each time this thread or any other that deals with this situation makes a comeback, I get some blowback.

I genuinely feel for those that have been caught up in the mess, I am sorry but I can't help even though I wish I could.

As a Distributor of detectors, this has affected my business quite badly and when people make the FALSE assumption that I am involved it only leads to more frustration for both me and the person that makes the false assumption.

I would like to thank the MOD SQUAD for allowing me the space to clear the air, this message is a very tame version of the original I sent to the mods for approval.

To those that have supported me by Posting my links and coming to my demo days I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have invested a serious amount of my own cash in this business because I believe the Deus is the future of Detecting.

To those that have lost out due to the above situation, I am sorry. BUT I cannot do anything about it as I didn't even know what had happened until I did my due diligence, as anyone should when buying or dealing with someone they have never dealt with before.

As Stated on My site, My stock is Purchased UP FRONT with Cash and If it's is NOT in Stock then you simply can't order it.
The exception is Pre-Orders. Pre-orders are clearly marked and the terms outlined on my site.

If you can add it to your cart and pay for it, then I have the stock on the shelf ready to go.

Again thanks to the Mod Squad for allowing me to clarify the situation.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or comments you would like to make.

It has been a rough start for my Detecting Business, in some part due to Mis-Information, but I am looking forward to 2016 and bringing the Deus Back to Australia as well as a few other brands not currently available here.

Onward and Upward.

Clegy
Justin Cleghorn
Independent Australian Importer of Quality Detectors and Detectorist Gear.
ABN 71 111 441 402

Note: I live in Yeppoon Qld But My accountant and registered Office are In Wollongong and Newcastle respectively. (I grew up in Sydney and Kiama)
GST registration is pending but as I am not turning over the minimum amount as of yet it is NOT required.
Bluesky is my Families Financial Planning business (Winding down as My MUM Retired and just looks after a small amount of her favourite clients to avoid getting bored to death and because she genuinely cares about them)
(This should cover the three most common things that people remind me/accuse me of.)

Anything else that anyone needs to know Please get in touch My phone Number, Home address, email and other contact details are freely available.

Sorry this got so long, But explanations where necessary Unfortunately.

Unfortunately I tried to buy some gear from Mr Wilson & I use this term loosely, sadly for myself he seemed to possibly be trading when he knew he was going belly up,very coincidental that I paid for something then within 3-4 weeks he went bankrupt.
Anyway my fault for being stupid & trusting that people still have some form of decency when it comes to their word & aren't trying to cover their ass with someone else's hard earned cash.

It's been a very quiet post of late this 1. I wonder whats happening in the background? I think the last I heard he was telling everybody he was going to be selling Minelab detectors. That was after he declared bankruptcy.

Brad had a brilliant defence. Defamation. Brad if you are still reading these posts/thread/site please google Stephen Dank. Keep in mind he sued a major media organization.
I hope all the victims get a good result. To be him would be punishment enough.

i believe that they have closed there doors and taken a lot of peoples money and started a new shop under a new name.

The only Wilson I know spent a torturous few weeks on a lonely island with Tom Hanks. That one needs a medal for maintaining his sanity.

If this other one went bust and failed to pay back his creditors and customers and then can afford to set up another business then he's crooked and should be avoided by all. It seems to be the way with many businessmen. They undercut the honest guys to make a quick buck and then disappear leaving a trail of destruction.

Hilarious, but not funny at the same time.

Good on you Duck for posting up.

A few people have long memories, obvious longer than his it seems.

Looks like he is pushing the cash wheelbarrow in a different, yet all together the same direction.

Now I know I have to be careful with my words so here goes.

If you want to go swimming, but know theres a Shark in the water, who may wanna take a bite of you, best to go swimming at another beach. Even if the shark seems friendly.

This particular shark has some hide it seems. Too funny. Swims up the coast a ways and tells everyone the waters nice, come on in. Lmao.

Latest posts