Aussie Detecting & Prospecting Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have purchased most of my detectors from the USA either from
dealers or 2nd hand. One of the reasons I do this is so I can track
this myself.

If direct posting it takes my order no more than 6 Business days to
arrive from the US.

If the detector is sent to a USA postal address due to Policies by detector
manufacturers it may take no more than 10 Business Days to arrive in
Melbourne.

Issues with GST is quickly sorted depending who the air freight provider
is.

Since you have paid in full all you can do now is be patient.

mikesav said:
Thanks for your two bits worth LC. No, I don't expect he can control the weather, but he can control how he runs his business.
Your wording is surprisingly similar to the supplier's response...... very defensive and both from Bendigo..... Interesting!

Think what you like mate.

So did you call him to find out it was going to be delayed or did he call you?

3 week delay because of bad weather in the US.
Hahahahahahahahaha.
Never heard anything so ridiculous.

mikesav said:
Finally got it. It took 10 weeks. Two months longer than promised...
This is my experiance shared so the next poor bastard might consider it. Good luck.

Thanks for updating your frustrating experience with the final outcome. And best of luck with your new detector, mate. :)

There is a few Nokta/Makro items and other things on his website I have an interest in, but most info above do not sound encouraging, prehaps better/safer leave my cash invested where they are.

Well it things don't seemed to have changed much with this business
Made an Internet order, only to receive an email alerting me to the fact that the three items I had ordered , and paid for in full,where out of stock ,and that they would be delivered to me in approx two weeks(sound familiar)after a few emails back and forth I got worried that my delivery would not turn up as weeks passed
Sent another email requesting a date for delivery
Was told complete order will be posted mid week last week,when returned from a field trip, fair enough I thought things are happening,only to receive another email this morning stating that one of the items was now not available and would it be alright to substitute with another brand,again fair enough
BUT what happened to the items ordered being in last weeks post
I feel that this particular business makes it a practice to take people's money ,muck them around ,stretch them out and then when the heat comes on ,such as requests for refunds etc then makes an effort to fulfill the obligation they made when receiving the customers money
Beware of spending your hard earned with them unless you like being disappointed and mucked around
Will be interesting to see if order actually turns up as stated or if I'm to experience yet another delaying tactic
All that is needed here is to be upfront ,honest,communicate with your clients and follow through with what you promise your customers and they will return
Six and a half weeks for a pan ,sluice and a pin pointer,all recognised brands in this day and age,come on!!
I for one will not be purchasing from again or recommending the use of this business

Well my goods arrived ,3 items,6 weeks after ordering
1 which I ordered ,the other 2 substituted ,after I agreed,didn't have too many options
Will not be using Brad again,this was not a pleasant shopping experience

Interesting in that some will sell items that are not in stock.

I expect that from some e-bay sellers etc who sell as Local but ship from sum supplier OS.

If an item is not in stock and you know up front and order it = All Good... But if you are lead to believe it is in stock - Entrapment ?

I have been asked about people paying in advance for items I do not have in stock and my answer is a BIG NO...

Unless I have it in stock and on my shelf - Ain't for sale.

I ordered my pinpointer by phone on a Wednesday. I was using it that Friday afternoon. I paid an extra $3 or so for express post.

It's the only transaction I have done and it was really good.

Bendigo to Yeppoon ( central Queensland) in 2 days.

Sorry to hear of others not doing so well.

Clegy

clegy said:
I ordered my pinpointer by phone on a Wednesday. I was using it that Friday afternoon. I paid an extra $3 or so for express post.

It's the only transaction I have done and it was really good.

Bendigo to Yeppoon ( central Queensland) in 2 days.

Sorry to hear of others not doing so well.

Clegy

Maaattee, you did SO well with Express post i tell ya. I sent an Express Post parcel from M'brgh (Vic) to Melb. Sent on Fri arvo, was in Ballarat Mail center Mon morn (only 1hr away, but it took all w'end???), and didn't get to Melb. until Wed arvo....FFS, i coulda drove it there myself in 3hrs??????

Thank Your Lucky Stars imo.

Cheers

LOL!

This is normal for EVERYTHING when you live in Darwin.....inflated prices for everything, and excuses are now cataloged in alphabetical order.
eg, Mrs wanted a buffet, went to le cornu, and found one we liked.
Was $600 ish, when the sales lady bought it up on the computer screen, i could clearly see columns. $cost, 140 ish, RRP $350.
I asked why it was RRP $350, yet im being charged $600 something? Answer I got, was , oh thats the Adelaide price......freight to Darwin accounts for the other costs.

Well, having lived in Darwin for the last 16 years, and having been involved in retail, and also my own business as well as NT Govt, Im well aware of how freight costs are calculated, and that answer is pure BS. So, didn't buy it.

There are so many examples, I make and sell fishing lures. Express post to Darwin from NSW can be as quick as 3 days or as long as 5. From darwin to Townsville, 3 days on average.

Its easier to buy direct from O/S some times, and the after sales service is usually better anyway.

Hi All,

I have had a terrible experience dealing with Brad ..I think hes a xxxxxxxxx

I paid a deposit of $650 for some equipment back on the 29/9/15.
Brad told me 3 weeks.and still nothing.

Emails, text, and phone calls..excuse after excuse.this guy is full of it!!!!
Hes closed his shop.disconnecting his phone.. Hes going into hiding.

I dont recommend using this guy.stay away from him.

Cheers,
Justin.

Edit: There are some things like naming a person and calling them names you can't place on the open forum--someone could get sued.
Jaros :eek:

Buying goods in general ,

I have no experience with them but when other places say its in stock it gets sent straight away , if it doesn't they are either lying or to lazy to send it :rolleyes: You get one shot at getting my business so mucking me around means you don't want my business. There are plenty of other businesses that do.

I used to shop local but I am afraid the internet is winning my dollar because most Australian items get to me in a week , yet if I drove to town and ordered one , I have to keep calling back and eventually get it 3 to 4 weeks later .

I am not after the best price just good service :)

Prinju said:
Hi All,

I have had a terrible experience dealing with Brad ..I think hes a xxxxxxxxx

I paid a deposit of $650 for some equipment back on the 29/9/15.
Brad told me 3 weeks.and still nothing.

Emails, text, and phone calls..excuse after excuse.this guy is full of it!!!!
Hes closed his shop.disconnecting his phone.. Hes going into hiding.

I dont recommend using this guy.stay away from him.

Cheers,
Justin.

Edit: There are some things like naming a person and calling them names you can't place on the open forum--someone could get sued.
Jaros :eek:

me too .

still waiting after 5 weeks.

he wouldnt reply to the first few emails so i posted on his facebook page , he replied to that and since then i have been told my items are in next weeks post , then next weeks.......

funny how next week is 38 days long.

I bought from these guys once, I honestly don't think they have very much at all in stock. If anything in stock at all.

If someone places an order online I think they then make a order themselves from a supplier, which would explain all the stuffing around.

I feel for you lads, I see garret fisher and teknetics have all disappeared from the range. On one hand it's a shame to see a bloke go bad in a local sense but on the other Brad wasn't (isnt) doing himself any favours by stringing people along.
Any way pot kettle black and all that I'm hardly the most reliable bloke at times but treating customers with respect will still get you repeat business. It's a pity because it's nice to have options closer to home.

Enough is enough I reckon. If you guys have problems like everybody else seems to have report him to the office of fair trading. If enough ppl report him he'll end up not being permitted to trade. I had trouble the 1 and only time I did business with him. I was lucky enough to get my goods eventually. Although he is so unprofessional that he also sent me somebody else's invoice for a detector they bought that they are probably still waiting for. He lies to everybody he does business with, shows no interest in trying to build a good reputation, and I think it will only be a matter of time before Tesoro give him flick. Don't feel bad about doing it. I'll bet he isn't losing any sleep thinking about you.

Latest posts