An letter to you.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefer

Ross Langlands
Reaction score
My Dear Readers..and others.
The proceedings of the past week whilst I admit were somewhat unsavoury on my part, have been the catalyst for me to do some self-analysis and seek the advice of my most trusted friends.
Like all of us, I am only human and my intentions were after all, entirely honourable when, I initiated discussion about a new flag.
What happened after I did so, need not of happened..so to you personally, may I say 'thank you'. For your many letters of support to me.The fact is I broke the Forum and my own rules and I felt it honourable to exclude myself from continuing to post after such a blatant and misfortunate error on my part.
I was NEVER going to abandon what is, in the long run, something I love so much.
I was NEVER attempting to...'run away'... I am here in your thoughts and you, in mine. Hullo, my friend!

Thanks, Bogger :Y: Standby!...My next work will come sometime today... ]:D It was inspired by a conversation I was having with 7.62 marksman yesterday...(and is in relation to the loss of our precious Olivia! who tragically drowned in our bath while my daughter was temporally distracted... :| Olivia was just two and a half. She was one of those children who we believe had been here before!).... I was having the time of my life trying to keep up with him in 'almost unbearable heat' making a camper trailer..hehe! :D We were hooked in and ripping into it..and probably could have done with a lot more water then we did.!
Later, we hit the pub and had lunch..but no grog 8) 8) ..good thing, cause' the worst thing to do is drink beers when you're already dehydrated. :cool: I had such a good day, and Ken had a large part in making it that way.
So mate whether I'm supported indirectly on here, like your words to me, or directly..like yesterday, the end result is I'm in a good place now and I can never repay blokes like him and you whose mateship I cherish so much. :Y: :Y: :Y: :cool:

:D :D Awesome :D :D
I just WON $20 In a bet with another member .
He said you would not be back :|
I have seen many members post about something and when others coment it turns sour real quick .
Resulting in someone getting the FEELINGS hurt and ranting about how everyone else sucks because they dont have the same feelings about it .
I knew you would be back ( never leave )
Now Im $20 richer :D :D

good to see you have stayed mate top shot
1509424633_17.jpg

dam it said:
:D :D Awesome :D :D
I just WON $20 In a bet with another member .
He said you would not be back :|
I have seen many members post about something and when others coment it turns sour real quick .
Resulting in someone getting the FEELINGS hurt and ranting about how everyone else sucks because they dont have the same feelings about it .
I knew you would be back ( never leave )
Now Im $20 richer :D :D

Just over a third of a gram without having to start the car (and get ya pick nicked :N:) or charge a battery and turn on the Zed. :Y: You should give us all your best Melbourne Cup tip :lol: :Y:.

I share your pain with your granddaughter, I have lost two nephews to the water but welcome back buddy. I hope your project with 7.62 I s going well. the forum is a better place with you here
Jim

It's not hard keeping your nose clean here mate. Whether on the left or right side of politics if you just stick to gold or outdoor stuff we'll all get along just fine.
If we all remember the common interest that drew us to this site and keep it at that we'll all be good mates.

Your point is taken Occassinal_panner :Y: And I appreciate your input. :D I have managed to regularly wipe my nose with my napkin since 2013, so I know the protocol. :p I have never set out to impose my views on politics or religion here. But in the normal run of discourse among us, it is enevitable that politics, in particular, will often frame one's take on a plethora of subjects..take for instance the 'high-banking' issue..it is by its very nature 'political'.
I see my contribution to this forum as being of a similar comparison to a wandering minstrel. :p :lol: I am quite prepared to join the conversation around prospecting in general...however, 'General Chat' is just that, a forum to allow members a little latitude with respect to 'subject matter' I believe.
And an ideal place for me to practice my main focus...outside of the finer points of what we all love to do...finding stuff.
In essence mate, I try to bring the aspect of the 'campfire at night' from the field, which is so far away in many cases... into your lounge room. You can accept me...or reject me...But!..I will always be on the fringes of controversy ]:D
I have been very, very humbled by the volume of people who have overlooked my only ever meltdown and self-imposed exile. And the over-riding majority..in fact, 100% of respondents have urged me to recover my composure and continue the dialogue I have established in this great forum, with my readers and companions.
They wish me to continue along the same path they know, I MUST travel. I invite you my friend to my campfire I keep it lit, so as it's light may serve our 'Common Interest', which is a great deal more, than knowing how to operate a detector or build a river sluice.
My fondest regards to you and your family. :cool:

Reefer,
We all slip from time to time.
Your words above are spoken like a true gentleman.
And accepted without hesitation.
You know where I am for a yarn at any time Cobber.
And I look forwards to that.
It is going to be a full on meeting at Wattle Flat so see you there. :Y: :Y:

Mate.. Thank You! Cobber! :Y: Whoa.!! ]:D ...I can't wait to be up and Roll'in Westbound!....YEEEHAAA! :p :p :cool:
You be careful with that flam'in lead foot o' yours now!!..hehe! :p ]:D

reefer said:
My Dear Readers..and others.
The proceedings of the past week whilst I admit were somewhat unsavoury on my part, have been the catalyst for me to do some self-analysis and seek the advice of my most trusted friends.
Like all of us, I am only human and my intentions were after all, entirely honourable when, I initiated discussion about a new flag.
What happened after I did so, need not of happened..so to you personally, may I say 'thank you'. For your many letters of support to me.The fact is I broke the Forum and my own rules and I felt it honourable to exclude myself from continuing to post after such a blatant and misfortunate error on my part.
I was NEVER going to abandon what is, in the long run, something I love so much.
I was NEVER attempting to...'run away'... I am here in your thoughts and you, in mine. Hullo, my friend!
Welcome back brother
And the above is said from the heart . Your a genuine straight shooter who calls it as he sees it and I take my hat of to you !
It's the true blue way to never give up on what you truly believe in !

Thank you! Craig,(Diamo gold) Your words are of particular comfort to me...eloquently put as always. :Y:
It was what we discussed privately, and the words of a few special people..who know, who they are, ]:D that buoyed me during a particularly difficult period several days ago and I thank you.!
Yours Under the Southern Cross. Rossco. REEFER. :cool:

Latest posts