5G & EMI

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys I've been trying to surf the internet looking for info about 5G and EMI out puts. From what I can source it may not be such a great thing for detectorist. The high out put of 5g and the short band wave lengths need more towers for greater reception. The more towers the more EMI. Not only that 5G is said to release more radiation much higher than 4g. What are your thoughts
Skip

The short wave length means that 5g radiation cannot penetrate far in a human body. Skin deep actually. Studies have shown a very short term 1 degree temperature increase of the skin in human trials, which the body copes with by its ability to naturally regulate its temperature. This was at 31-60 ghz where 5g transmission for communication is below recommended safe levels of 6ghz. 5.5ghz in fact. I had this conversation with a mate just yesterday actually. I had no bloody idea so I jumped on the unisa library website and did some quick research to get edumacated. More research is needed on the long term effects it was said though. But the early mail suggests we can put the tin foil hats away. 3g and 4g microwave radiation can penetrate the body deeper as they have a longer wavelength. Interesting reading but I must admit that I didn't understand the whole text as the technical mathy bits aren't really my dealio. But the findings (for the most part) and the conclusions were pretty easy to digest. 3 peer reviewed reports in 3 different medical journals said pretty much the same thing. But, and the here's the thing, they did say there were some areas of conflicting data in some studies conducted due to variables that were not measured as they were not a part of the designated research. (Meaning, that they were looking to answer a specific question, so some data that was irrelevant to that was ignored). I need a beer after all that. :beer:

1 report analyised 94 studies that was...
1586262077_screenshot_20200407-214321_chrome.jpg
this one, sorry I'm feeling to lazy to reference it. :lol: :beer:

I don`t know about everyone else , but when out detecting , phone reception is not the best where i go. 4G at best and 3G if i`m lucky and no reception at worst.

My phone stays off while swinging due to interference when there is reception ,except when taking photos , but i have never had the experience of 5G ,so it`s not a problem ,as yet.

Dead reception spots will always be a problem but I usually don't have to much trouble in places I usually go to. Not all phones or networks are created equally though it should be said.

I think there still alot more testing needs to be done before we get correct findings about 5G. I guess once it's out there's no taking it back as many companies are throwing big bucks at it. As far as detecting goes I reckon it will mess with most machines.
While detecting I've noticed two major factors that heighten EMI . WInd combined with light drizzle sets most detectors into UFO siriens! Hope 5g doesn't spoil our fun

Latest posts