4.325kg Nugget Recently Found Vic GT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jen thanks for posting and Syd bloody well done mate! i've only got 32 more years to wait for mine!

G'day John aka Old Hand
Great to hear ....... Do you know any other details ....... Lease holder, full time detectorist, hobby detectorist, approx location?
Merry Christmas to you and your mum. Still fondly remember the day we caught up and the great cupa we had.
Cheers
Andy

Dig'n-it said:
G'day John aka Old Hand
Great to hear ....... Do you know any other details ....... Lease holder, full time detectorist, hobby detectorist, approx location?
Merry Christmas to you and your mum. Still fondly remember the day we caught up and the great cupa we had.
Cheers
Andy

Ditto. Merry Xmas John and Joan and thanks for sharing your knowledge :D

old hand said:
Good to see there was a 15 oz found in the GT last week as well gives us all hope regards john :)

Hi John.. was that the nugget Ian B found..
I read on facebook someone mentioned 15 ounces

we were in coiltek yesterday and they told us it was 11 ounces, that Ian had found...they had a nice photo of it..
Thats if its the same nugget we are talking about

Have a merry Christmas, say hi to your mum..

Merry Christmas to all the forum members here as well

http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=30760.msg309313;topicseen#new

1486165517_1486164293_img_2372.jpg

Hey LC76,

Looks like Work Health & Safety would have a field day with this operation. No bunding to prevent anyone driving into hole, hole is not terraced every 1.8mtrs. But thats just my thoughts. Still it's a nice nugget.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Hey LC76,

Looks like Work Health & Safety would have a field day with this operation. No bunding to prevent anyone driving into hole, hole is not terraced every 1.8mtrs. But thats just my thoughts. Still it's a nice nugget.

Cheers

Doug

Dams ;) don't require bunding Doug, he's just half way through completion and thought he'd check out the side wall's :)

And like I said earlier in the thread... As nice as it is for him,it's pretty much irrelevant to the rest of the detecting community who don't have access to those depths.
The claim that it was found with detector although true was misleading.

I would rather just hear the truth up front instead of clickbait.

Edit to add... Reason I'm a little annoyed is friends and family read about these finds and then start asking me "why haven't you found anything like that with ya $10k machine, what's wrong with ya?"

LC76 said:
And like I said earlier in the thread... As nice as it is for him,it's pretty much irrelevant to the rest of the detecting community who don't have access to those depths.
The claim that it was found with detector although true was misleading.

I would rather just hear the truth up front instead of clickbait.

Edit to add... Reason I'm a little annoyed is friends and family read about these finds and then start asking me "why haven't you found anything like that with ya $10k machine, what's wrong with ya?"

I was thinking the same thing... Couldn't be happier for the guy, but it's really out of reach for the average Joe prospector

Knowing something of this situation myself...i can definitively say that the relation between the find and detectors was NOT promulgated by the finder.... :|

Have ire for sure...just be sure your directing it to the correct source eh? ;)

And NO..i wasn't casting aspersions you 'were' saying Syd spread it....just clarifying before the thread runs away with excitement. :8

Perhaps the threads was incorrectly listed, but don't we have an 'Alluvial' & Hard Rock section here it may be moved to for the 'purists' satisfaction? :p ...it's still about GOLD!!!! after all. (some Vids of leases and Tv shows as well). :cool:

Gypsy

LC76 said:

I think we all cop that LC, hopefully oneday you'll walk in your front door with a nugget equally as big and say "told ya so".

There are still plenty of good nuggets out there. Imagine how many have been found over the last 3 decades of detectors that have not been seen by anyone other than the finder and maybe the buyer. Skepticism will stop you from ever finding one for yourself, always be confident and keep your coil on the ground.

Latest posts