2 hour swing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beach detecting addict

Robert Griffiths
Reaction score
Yesterday I went for a swing at a little park not far from where my grandmother used to live, I have been past it quite a lot lately. It has a tot lot in it and nothing else at all. Well the tot lot gave up a lousy 10 cent piece, :( so I set about hitting the rest of the park and found $28.31 I was over the moon with my effort.

I was using my at pro international, and a pro pointer with a screw driver, on my way back to the car I detected something that read 86 on the control panel. And I thought I had found a pre-decimal silver coin so I popped the screw driver into the ground after locating the target with the pro pointer. And felt something with the screw driver and when I levered it up I got excited because I thought that I had found a pre-decimal crown coin.

When I inspected the coin it turned out to be a city of Newcastle medallion, with a shield of some sought and a couple of birds with wings extended. On the obverse side it says Newcastle Netball around the top half of the rim, with a picture of Australia in the middle and Schweppes on the bottom of the rim. With the dates 1788-1988,it must of been in the ground for years as it is hard to make out some of the detail.

I haven't been able to find any information on this medallion so if any body has one I would like to hear from you.

cheers Rob

Beach Detecting Addict - there is a section called Forum Support which should be of help also. :)

Cheers Monty

1398553800_dsc04144.jpg
1398553842_dsc04145.jpg

Thanks Monty this is the first time I have ever uploaded pictures to a forum mate. My eyes must be getting bad because I could not make out the birds only their wings.

Cheers Rob

Hi BDA

Glad I could help. Now its over to the others to give us the information about the medallion. 8)

Cheers Monty

Latest posts