⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 9100
Hard yakka this morning.
Geez it loves them hot rocks.

I guess the signal from a hotrock is too much like that from gold for these sensitive detectors to separate it. The 6000 is useless on some ground. Last year both the brother and I swapped to our previous detectors while working ground up near Lake Nannine. I swapped to the GPX4500 and he used the GPZ7000 and both worked quite well on that same ground.

To me that would be like tapping your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time, which i have never been able to do, but I don’t have an Axiom either not hot rocks or a place close to fossick. Oh wooes me.🤣🤣🤣🤣

According to the the Axiom User Manual (at page 18), it can be set to ground balance for both soil mineralisation AND hot rocks simultaneously, using the following procedure:

View attachment 9106
Yes I use this procedure, however the signal response on a test piece of gold seems to diminish slightly until ground balancing again on soil only…

Took the 6 out for a swing with the 12x7 Xceed attached. Was happy to come home with a nice tally for a few hours detecting.
View attachment 9074
The bigger piece came out of loamy soil on the root system of a tree. Was expecting rubbish but was pleasantly surprised.
View attachment 9075
Hi. Beautiful gold
and the area just doesn't look like the norm if there is such a thing. So green and just looks like topsoil. Did you have to dig through the soil to harder ground? Is this a creek/river bank and what made you detect there?

Hi Aaron,
We have had a few years of good weather following the bush fires. Regrowth due to the ash has been amazing. Prospecting local spots has been difficult and impossible in most spots. The photo was not indicative of the country that I have been searching. That piece was found in a gully next to a small creek. The ground was dug over in the late 1800’s and produced some nice gold. The piece of gold in question was in the loamy top soil In an area that has been subject to many major flooding events over the years.

Second trip out with the 6000 got this, 0.6 g (about).
Largest piece so far and the second from the hole.
First bit was under 0.1. Found in a well worked but large area of diggings.
No junk surprisingly. This is about 1 cm long. Sorry about the terrible photograph.
5CBA996F-FACE-4CC3-80E8-71E61BA845B7.jpeg

Latest posts