⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dug a hole in back yard the other day to stick a large pole in, got asked today if I had checked the dirt that came out of hole? So out came the SDC and out popped these little nuggettes ;) Only 1.4 gram so a bit small to call nuggets so nuggettes will have to be the new word. :D

View attachment 8357
Ya might want to increase the diameter of that pole mate 😃 ah I'd love a yard full of those little rippers 👌

Went out with a mate to a spot that we’ve been to many times. We walked quite a bit, found plenty of lead shot but only a few pieces of yellow between us. I was waiting at the ute as my mate returned from his walk. He was tired and frustrated as he hadn’t had a signal for quite a while. He said to me -“Just give me one more signal before we go. I don’t care what it is, I just want to hear something before we leave.” About a minute later he got a response from the 6k. We both agreed that it sounded like a piece of shot but we dug it anyway. We both scratched our heads when a small bit of gold popped out. It was 2 1/2m from the door of the ute. A few minutes later he got a screamer of a signal about a meter from the first but we both agreed it was junk and just walked away. We thought it may be a good idea to move a few branches and have a closer look as the gravels and clay had good colour just under the top soil. I had a swing of the detector and we couldn’t believe our luck when a couple of small bits popped out. They were situated about four steps from the ute. We were both exhausted and were ready to pack up and go. Joe decided that he had better dig the bit of trash as we decided that the area should be covered in a bit more detail on our next trip. That screamer also turned out to be yellow and the best piece of the day. We couldn’t believe what we had just done. We always park in this spot (as does anyone else that comes down this track) and we have walked over this gold on every trip. I suppose the area was always neglected as the branches, twigs and leaf litter make it almost impossible to work. Luckily we had the small 10x5 coils on the machines which allowed us to access spots that we normally couldn’t. The gold had no size to it but it did top off the day.
042F80B0-1FA8-414D-AD17-4ACA1791E7A9.jpeg
cheers

Les

Home from a week staying in Kyneton for a bit of holiday and some private business. Got out to a few goldfields nearby and up to Bendigo to catch up with Sand Surfer for a day out in the Whipstick.
Poor week overall, with just two little bits from Castlemaine with the 5 and an 8” coil. Both were out of a single hole just a few meters from the car.
5AE663A8-E8F3-4086-AAD7-74E3D71F5FDD.jpeg

Home from a week staying in Kyneton for a bit of holiday and some private business. Got out to a few goldfields nearby and up to Bendigo to catch up with Sand Surfer for a day out in the Whipstick.
Poor week overall, with just two little bits from Castlemaine with the 5 and an 8” coil. Both were out of a single hole just a few meters from the car.
View attachment 8453
Somes better than none

Latest posts