⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
limpalot said:
Got down to Whroo for a few days, met a bloke that can divine Gold; saw it done and what a great experience; total mind blowing.
Caught up with RM Outback for a while on Sat, bloody to hot to detect much, was great to catch up though.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5773/1644911777_whroo14feb22.jpg

Nice work John :Y: was great to catch up albeit brief. Was the bloke devining a local, know of an old bloke who's been at it for years and another who's just playing with the idea, one would be close to 80 the other in his 60's

limpalot said:
It was the old bloke in his 80's. Bloody great wealth of information. Still has his claim and working it. Need to catch up again when the heat is less aggressive. :Y: :beer: :goldnugget:

:Y: roggee I know who you ran into :beer: definitely interesting.

1645330768_img20220220151515.jpg

Couple more crumbs from Creswick.
I'm thinking the 45 with the 12" Evo only finds the little ones :/

Potbelly11 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5243/1645330768_img20220220151515.jpg

Well done Potbelly11, any gold is nice gold.
There's got to be bigger gold there in the first place for you to have a chance of finding it, biggest problem is so many others have detected over the grounds before and most of the better sized nuggets within detectable range have been got already, just need to keep at it and be thankful for any gold regardless of size and sooner or later a nice deeper piece should turn up.
The 4500 with 12" Evo is a very capable setup and has found many good sized pieces :Y:

Potbelly11 said:

Little ones keep the tally growing. Hang in there, you'll walk over a clunker in time.
My opinion for what it's worth, do believe the very best set up is the 4500 coupled with the 11" Commander mono.
On very rare occasions during the 10 years we owned 4500's, while looking for new ground a Nugget Finder 20" Mono was fitted.

PB, I run the same, 12" Evo and 4500, it will find you much bigger gold but as Pete said the easy bigger pieces are long gone. Give yourself credit though, the small ones are the hardest and YOU detected those bits not someone else, so if you are tuned to those then you will not miss a bigger piece when it comes along. I went to Talbot today and put in 6 hours for 7 small pieces totalling 1.07g, bloody hard slog but worth the trip and I found 'em not someone else :) :Y:

Goldfield Joe said:
PB, I run the same, 12" Evo and 4500, it will find you much bigger gold but as Pete said the easy bigger pieces are long gone. Give yourself credit though, the small ones are the hardest and YOU detected those bits not someone else, so if you are tuned to those then you will not miss a bigger piece when it comes along. I went to Talbot today and put in 6 hours for 7 small pieces totalling 1.07g, bloody hard slog but worth the trip and I found 'em not someone else :) :Y:

Cheers mate!

Latest posts