⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ProspectorPete said:
Been working regional this week again and with the new 25km zone it meant I could have a detect after work, the area I had researched was 11km from the motel so all good, first afternoon I got 2 small bits from the same hole, then another small bit yesterday about 20 meters from the other 2.
Nothing big but just great to get out and enjoy the bush again and always good when the research pays off.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1603352349_20201006_134424.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1603352699_20201020_175456.jpg
Every bit is a win mate. Mission accomplished. :Y: Good stuff.
If one walks over a point gram and digs it out and gets it, walks over anything else bigger and does the same. To me its all the same. All a win. :D

Got a small .33 piece yesterday will try again today
1603833548_e8948a65-8716-49f4-8f67-21c38999ab5f.jpg

Gone and done my usual thing this morning. Got a couple of bits. Both within 5 minutes of turning on the beep stick. Spot I'd been to when first starting out. One of them was in my raking pile. :) Now Ive gotta revisit
1604138815_3f5942ed-a778-413b-9c58-7005c4cbd351.jpg
All the spots Ive been to when I first started cause it seems I may have left quite a few.

Im sure theres a few more with your name on them Annie, they were the only ones I got. Happens quite often Ill pick up a couple straight up then nothing but thats the way it goes. Head was ok RM as I remembered to eat my dinner and no poison, just the usual. Back, well that wasnt ok so came home early as its pretty screwed at the moment but once again thats the way it goes. :Y:

Hi all, I haven't posted in ages but decided to share these finds. I bought a 12" Evo last week and have been learning it. I think it's a really good coil considering the range of sizes I have found with it. My first nugget (the biggie) was a boomer sound-wise in a small pile of wash beside a long lead of shallow diggings.

I was expecting a chunk of lead for sure, there were detector holes everywhere, filled and unfilled....

Then nothing until this afternoon and I found four! Makes up for the days of nothing.

So here are the sizes going clockwise in the photo:

1 O'clock 4.13g found 5-6" deep.

3 O'clock .35g found 5" deep.

6 O'clock .73g found 7" deep (I have named him Gonzo).

8 O'clock .05g :eek: found 1" deep.

10 O'clock .13g found after I scraped a bit of moss away so must have been just sitting under it.

I seriously could not believe how small the .05 is and the fact that I heard it. It is about a third of the size of a pice of lead shot.
It even looks like lead shot and sounded so faint I almost gave up trying to find it.

Anyway, I am really happy with the coil so far and I think I am starting to get the hang of it, fingers crossed!

All were found just out of Maryborough on the same lead of diggings, lots of evidence of prospectors flogging the same area so to quote another prospector:

"Don't be put off by all of the people who may have been here before you. You just have to be better than they were". :Y:

1604569640_img_4901.jpg

You have to be a bit better than the others , also a bit smarter ! Try and out think them .

First ever trip out detecting on Thursday, training day under the great guidance of Lachy Green from "Green And Gold Prospecting", only 5 minutes outside Epsom. lots of shotgun pellets, however found my first piece of gold in a bit of a wash after Wednesday's rain. Can highly recommend Lachy, reasonable rates & good company.

The second outing was on Saturday for the Miners Den organised training event. 10 minutes outside White Hills this time. After a bit of a talk, around 90 minutes of detecting secured my second find, again in a bit of a wash area. I found the training event well worth attending. I even got a prize from Miners Den for finding the nugget. Total weight of the nuggets 0.25gms.

1605523698_gold_find_1.jpg
1605523726_gold_find_2.jpg

Latest posts