⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
That darker, rougher piece in the right hand bottom corner is quite thick, but it must be very porous. It actually sounded fainter than the three small pieces along the bottom edge of the pic. I almost lost it once it was out of the ground, it was that quite in the scoop. I've had other rough ones do similar before but never so quite as that one. Very interesting. it would have been very easy to swing over it, and others like it, and not pick up a signal i reckon. Just luck i heard something that sounded a little different. :)
Got a piece like that about six months ago. When I found it I thought it was easy over a gram by the size but felt very light , only went around .6 . Was maybe thinking that it was a piece lost after the cyanide process? Don't know much about it but have heard it can be very porous.

1456737963_image.jpg
looks a bit shinier in photo but is quite dull looking and very light for size.

Well done Scrounger, bbrock and others .... I'm almost tempted to put away the cheese, bickies and wine and get outing have a detect ....... shacked up at the Belinzona Grange at Hepburn Springs watching the world go by ......
More cheese and wine or detect ........
The wine wins, for the moment.
Cheers T.

Teemore said:
Well done Scrounger, bbrock and others .... I'm almost tempted to put away the cheese, bickies and wine and get outing have a detect ....... shacked up at the Belinzona Grange at Hepburn Springs watching the world go by ......
More cheese and wine or detect ........
The wine wins, for the moment.
Cheers T.
Unbelievable, gone bloody soft now that you're a world traveller Teemore!! You said 'shacked up' mate, are you sure you don't mean 'shagged up' at Belinzona? :lol: :lol:
You take it easy mate, the rest of us will keep going and struggling until your ready to again grace us with your presence :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Teemore , the little bits came from Creswick , just down the road from Hepburn , you could be there swinging in 20 minutes .....

bbrook said:
Hi Teemore , the little bits came from Creswick , just down the road from Hepburn , you could be there swinging in 20 minutes .....
I think he's swinging where he is already mate :lol: :lol:

bbrook said:
Tks Brett, see your W'bool based, that's a hell of a drive, hope you score some more yellow while your around B'rat and the GT.
Cheers T.

SCROUNGER said:
Well done dam it. :lol:
That takes the tally to 16 little nuggys from the same patch ummmmmmm
Today was my second go over a part of the area :|
Just shows ( I am not very good at this yet :| )
And that it is very hard to say an area has been picked clean :) maybe
Size could be a bit bigger but hey I will dig the little ones up all day know worries :D

Latest posts