⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the field was 1856 / 57 in the triangle

Will power was required but my mate was on a timetable.

Nice to have a place to go back to with a defined target.

My son and his mate will be chomping at the bit. ( handy dig bitches as well )

:D :D :D

After staking a Tyre early Saturday morning :mad:
1455506271_tyre.jpg

Got a little cranky :mad:
Grabbed a few buckets to run through sluice at home :)
And after that decided to have sunday at home in shed tinkering around .
Ended up catching up with another PA member ( narra ) And headed up to rushworth sunday anyway .
Narra seemed to be a nice bloke . A lot of tatt,s tho but each to there own . :)
so loaded up narra,s trailer from rushworth and headed to Whroo to the dam .
Narra,s sluice worked very well . he made it him self good job :cool:
Was very nice we could see little nuggy,s court at first riffle .
Packed up gear put con,s in a bucket narra took home to pan of ( the dam water was very yucky still :| ) dam it
Then went to the surfaced area for a swing old mate has a gpx4000 and more coils than the miners den :)
but was not very successful on this area :( I managed 2 little one,s 0.07 0.05 :)
1455508552_14_2_2016_rushworth.jpg

Anyway a weekend that started out not so good ended up being an awesome time after all .
Thanks narra was a great day . have to catch up again .

SCROUNGER said:
I met up with Tryhard for a detect in the GT yesterday, cheers mate, nice to meet you and most enjoyable day despite the heat. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4820/1455438971_img_4168.jpg
I got an unexpected leave pass again today so went back out to a new spot and had some luck. All up just under 3 grams for the two days detecting, very happy indeed.
Again, thanks for the company on saturday Tryhard.

Scrounger ...... That is a great haul. Well done!
What sort of depth did you find these?
Cheers Dignit

Dig'n-it said:
SCROUNGER said:
I met up with Tryhard for a detect in the GT yesterday, cheers mate, nice to meet you and most enjoyable day despite the heat. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4820/1455438971_img_4168.jpg
I got an unexpected leave pass again today so went back out to a new spot and had some luck. All up just under 3 grams for the two days detecting, very happy indeed.

Cheers Dignit
Some are in the top 10mm, most would be in the top 50mm, a couple of the larger ones were very feint and were down around 240mm in depth Dignit. All came off old diggings.

Hello PA i have been a long time veiwer/salker of the forum for a read and drool. So i bought and SDC 2300 (sdsee???) and bam gold, their must be a bigger peice inside because did give a faint signal when found on the surface. For scale it is rested on a G-shock watch strap found on nsw south coast.

1455573905_20160210_194314.jpg

Thanks guys and gals for all the great information that helped me to here

very nice trev thanks for the share. looks like that piece of host rock has the contact zone right there. bet you will find lots more if you look for that contact zone mate.

dam it said:
After staking a Tyre early Saturday morning :mad: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1455506271_tyre.jpg
Got a little cranky :mad:
Grabbed a few buckets to run through sluice at home :)
And after that decided to have sunday at home in shed tinkering around .
Ended up catching up with another PA member ( narra ) And headed up to rushworth sunday anyway .
Narra seemed to be a nice bloke . A lot of tatt,s tho but each to there own . :)
so loaded up narra,s trailer from rushworth and headed to Whroo to the dam .
Narra,s sluice worked very well . he made it him self good job :cool:
Was very nice we could see little nuggy,s court at first riffle .
Packed up gear put con,s in a bucket narra took home to pan of ( the dam water was very yucky still :| ) dam it
Then went to the surfaced area for a swing old mate has a gpx4000 and more coils than the miners den :)
but was not very successful on this area :( I managed 2 little one,s 0.07 0.05 :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1455508552_14_2_2016_rushworth.jpg
Anyway a weekend that started out not so good ended up being an awesome time after all .
Thanks narra was a great day . have to catch up again .
Go Narra... shock'em ta bits hahaha other than the tyre brilliant week end mate. Us inked up fellas arnt so bad hey....jejeje walking picture frames... :D

Thanks guys I am going to have to crush away i think to fund what the fuss was about .... off topic question do any detectorists have any electronic implants i have a spinal stimulator and when its on the sdc sounds like it has found a ufo lol just curious

SCROUNGER said:
Dig'n-it said:
SCROUNGER said:

Cheers Dignit
Some are in the top 10mm, most would be in the top 50mm, a couple of the larger ones were very feint and were down around 240mm in depth Dignit. All came off old diggings.

240mm depth is impressive. Got to get me an SDC. But just can't afford it at the moment.

trev said:
Thanks guys I am going to have to crush away i think to fund what the fuss was about .... off topic question do any detectorists have any electronic implants i have a spinal stimulator and when its on the sdc sounds like it has found a ufo lol just curious

Hey old mate crush that sucka :)
And nar I dont have any implants but that was pretty funny how you describe it :lol:

You make me laugh dam it
I would hope that you think I am a nice bloke as we have known each other for more than 17years. And yes I do like a bit of skin art you have more than me dam it I should know as im the one that has been tattooing you for ever
hey im a educated feral and im good with that
cheers Narra

Latest posts