⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get out Sunday and pick up these nice pieces, 3 bigger pieces found with the 4500/Detech mono and the smaller pieces with the SDC, very happy with the haul.

1453158005_optimized-capture.png

Teemore said:
tryhard1968 said:
Managed to get out Sunday and pick up these nice pieces, 3 bigger pieces found with the 4500/Detech mono and the smaller pieces with the SDC, very happy with the haul.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5600/1453158005_optimized-capture.png

Well done .... you overcame my biggest problem, find some with the SDC ..... hard to put away and give the 4800 a run..
Which were you using first SDC or 4500
Cheers T.

Hi Teemore,

I have the following system when I arrive at a new site,

A. Spend 1-2 hrs using the 4500 with a Detech 15x10 or NF 12x7 Mono coil, if I find anything I keep going with the 4500.
B. If it gets lean I then switch to the SDC and go for the bread and butter.

C. If I find nothing with the 4500 after say 2 hrs I immediately switch to the SDC and look for enough to atleast cover my costs.

When I hit a new spot I will normally stick it out for the day and not move from place to place as you are just wasting your time and using more fuel,

Sticking to the above rules I am averaging around 2 grams per day which I am more then happy with.

Rgds

Mark

tryhard1968 said:
A. Spend 1-2 hrs using the 4500 with a Detech 15x10 or NF 12x7 Mono coil, if I find anything I keep going with the 4500.

C. If I find nothing with the 4500 after say 2 hrs I immediately switch to the SDC and look for enough to atleast cover my costs.

Mark

Unfortunately mine is .....

A ...few hours with the SDC, find gold.
B .... Keep going with the SDC, find gold
C ... Think about switching but keep going with the SDC, find gold ......... there's my problem.

Just about done with spot x and the SDC, NOW time to switch and go deeper.

Cheers T.

Oh, 2gms per day is better than my effort, usually just around the 1gm mark.

Teemore said:
tryhard1968 said:

Mark

C ... Think about switching but keep going with the SDC, find gold ......... there's my problem.

Cheers T.

I think you're being a little too modest from what i've seen Tom ;)

SCROUNGER said:
Teemore said:
tryhard1968 said:

Mark

Cheers T.

I think you're being a little too modest from what i've seen Tom ;)

Don't want the ATO catching on ;), ears and eyes everywhere.

Latest posts