⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teemore said:
20xwater said:
Another tiny one..

Ripper mate, any gold in our neck of the woods is good gold ..... we can't expect to enjoy the finds of WA/Qld.

Cheers T.
I'm almost out of shallow ground at this occurrence.
The old timers didn't leave me much. Oh well, still pulled a few grams off it without digging :cool:

Here are my finds from one day last week. All in one spot out just out of Avoca on a run of shallow diggings. I had been walking the dog a while back and thought, "I should detect there one day..."

Nothing huge, all up 1.3g I think. Found with 4500 and 12" Evo. The flat piece I thought was a bit of foil from a cigarette packet, it was just sitting on the surface under some leaves.

Three were Kinder Surprises which are always fun.

1614642500_img_5664.jpg

Goldfield Joe said:
Nothing huge, all up 1.3g I think. Found with 4500 and 12" Evo. The flat piece I thought was a bit of foil from a cigarette packet, it was just sitting on the surface under some leaves.
Three were Kinder Surprises which are always fun.

Great finds, we're not into huge in Victoria (sadly) but always satisfied with a bit of the yellow.
Oh, great year 1949 ..... (but shite I'm getting old).

Just to get everyone excited about a trip to WA this winter ill post a couple of pics from last year.
First pic are some grammars about 60km out from Leonora, the second pic is of some good oz plus from about 40km from Cue, can't wait bay, covid is over , van is packed, batteries charged, permits organised...........hi ho gold :)
1614922568_wzq8oofvtaikjrqajpgl3a.jpg

GPZ 7000 - standard 14 inch coil, factory settings except volume 4, audio smooth off, WM12 speaker (with secret 0.75c diy amplifier) - approx 70mm deep.
1615428423_g1.jpg

Big finds at Inglewood (even though I said I'd never return due to the thick scrub).
Also took the new ML 19 inch coil for a spin, found even SMALLER pieces of lead! Also found more ground noise, was a pain to pinpoint and dug some very BIG holes for no return :rolleyes:
Sticks and dirt piled up in the closed NF aftermarket skid tray so will try out the factory skid plate next.

Latest posts