⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walshie1000 said:
Awesome finds fellas. Gotta be happy with 4.26 for the day.
I went out to Talbot yesty for a look. Had a swing between the showers and keep cracking the shits with the plague proportion flies and mozzies. Bumped into a few other prospectors out there as well. Hope you guys cleaned up. I certainly didn't lol, 2 little ones, but better than none I spose
Was out at talbot yesterday too . Don't think I've seen so many mozzies .got 13 but only tiny

1476342922_image.jpg
got some more today. Tough going got bitten by crap loads of mozzies(they didn't seem to notice I had repellent on) plus 5 bill ants in the space of a minute. Near bought a tear to the eye.even the flys we're biting but all worth it for a little bit i'v colour :)

davent said:
Mate settings are different every time, this trip was pretty good for emi, no lightning around, and the ground was pretty tame.
Stab 10, gain 7, threshold just humming. This trip, I was in enhance, special extra. Audio normal, Still got odd bip here and there, but pretty stable.
Last trip I did, was on a patch only about 250m away, and I had to use enhance, special smooth, audio quiet, gain 7, stab 9, just to get a steady threshold, but I found gold with those settings, even a tiny 0.07 grammer.

As the day gets hotter, I sometimes drop my gain a notch or 2, there are little pockets of hot ground, about the size of a big coil, and some of them sound exactly like a target, and some start like a target, but then start to "groan" for lack of a better description. There is no way I can ground balance them out either. Sometimes, there might be a narrow stip of ground like this as well.
I fluked a a small water worn piece from a hot ground spot once, and noticed that the hard clay was much deeper than the rest of the holes I was digging. Thought I should take a bag of the dirt back and pan it, but my pack was heavy enough already, and I just couldnt be bothered!
Dave
From reading your last couple of posts you may have a misconception about soil timing settings.
Given I've got my facts right, and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, if you are in Enhance you cannot be using any other soil timings. To use other soil timings you have to switch the toggle switch on the front panel to Special.
So when you are switched to Enhance the other soil timings are inactive even though they show on the screen.
Just thought I'd mention it without wanting to be a know it all. Hate you to have false understanding. Cheers

Lol! Thanks Dignit! It must be a placebo effect for me then!
Just when I thought id worked something out, lol! Righto, I was in enhance with those settings then.....
One other factor, I, ve just got a new set of headphones, SS300, s made here in darwin. They seem to be giving me better signals than the koss ur 30, s. But bloody hell, they are uncomfortable. Also had one of the clip in ear pads come off once, but it hasnt happenend since. I reckon they are a reason ive started finding a bit more to.

Thanks guys . Not just one spot but a couple. I tend to go against the grain and race around looking for different spots rather than just work a spot properly but it seems to be working for me and I'm building up a bank of spots that I can always check out if I'm not finding any

Bugger the bigger coin bjay now you've got more than a few spots go for filling a saucer :lol:. Well done looks great and congratulations on raising your scales with the large piece.

Just come back from a 4 day stint with the SDC in Central West NSW.

3.5gms currently in Alibrite, will post here once cleaned up. There would be almost 35 nuggets/flakes in that! Also about 150 junk/lead targets.

Gold is getting more scarce, going over old ground again and again albeit a lot slower. Its a tough slog..........

Not a good feeling when you see that another operator that has trouble backfilling their holes has been into an area that I thought would keep me going for 12mths with the SDC. Nice feeling finding gold next to their holes!

1476609975_capture_2.jpg

1476609975_capture_3.jpg

1476609976_capture_4.jpg

1476609976_capture_5.jpg

1476609976_capture.jpg

Latest posts