⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hav tried a couple of times but acess seems to b the bigger problem rather than finding colour :|

Tige said:
I hav tried a couple of times but acess seems to b the bigger problem rather than finding colour :|

Yes Tige, we had the same problem.. But eventually got some private access. Now the Golds the limit..

Cheers Waz

Looks like Oallen is going to get a refresh :lol:

Look at the rise at the water gauge just above the bridge today - this water has come down the Mongarlowe river.

I wont be driving to Tuena tomorrow the back way!!!

1408331154_idn60234.070335.png

Cheers

Barry

Barry, all of that water would of come from that storm front overnight hanging over Ulladulla and the mountains behind.
Would be interesting to know how much rain fell in that region, the BoM some was showing a lot of yellow and blue, with the odd red last night.
Is there any rise at Tuena?

Peter :cool:

WickedWaz said:
Paydirt said:
Hubba hubba, I am hanging to get back to Adelong, always good colour there. Are you guys above the town or below, I work above and dont get any mercury but have gotten a heap from in town. Cheers for the report

Hi Paydirt, Always above town. We have private property access, I don't know why people think Adelong is all cleaned out? We always seem to get good colours..

Cheers Waz

Yep it's definitely got enough gold to keep my fever running high... Plenty of parts that people don't venture into too and that's where the good stuff is. We've found plenty above the old diggings and below the town but it's becoming long in the tooth now so a flood would be very welcome soon.

Nice golden smile looking back at you there. Would have been a great sight to see.

Makes you wonder if a 1' long walbanker would do the trick, the efficiency is amazing with the gold trapped at the start of the expanded mesh zone.

How did the rest of the clean out go?

I had to dig some dirt my hands are sore :8 My leg are scratched up making a road to water kicking trees down :p I got gold and living the dream :) back to the real world and work until next time :)

Good stuff Marimitch,

Ararat is a nice place, we will have to plan a member meet up there soon.

Cheers,

Marimitch said:
We went to Ararat for two days panning.
On the second day we found a really nice spot and this is what came up!

Our best Pan.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/825/1409275988_best_pan_ararat.jpg

The final result :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/825/1409276087_ararat_gold.jpg

We are really happy with that. :D

Cheers M&M

:D

You're winning

keep doing it and experiment with digging at different strata levels and locations , you might average improved results even bigger than that.

doesnt hurt to sit and look around you sometimes , try to work out what else is there that other people might have missed

:)

Latest posts