⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20140831_115114_zps41f0d6a2.jpg

results from recent trip :)
20140831_115416_zps362e3f19.jpg

2 nice little nuggets each weighing .51g and .55g. :D :D

thanks, 5 days searching/sluicing , my first day was a shocker though...

Very nice phantom, love it there.

Would love some pointer for tuena i was at Abercrombie caves and found gold but nothing at tuena.

Where did you hit? I'm heading up around that date might catch ya there.

kuskus said:
Very nice phantom, love it there.

Would love some pointer for tuena i was at Abercrombie caves and found gold but nothing at tuena.

Where did you hit? I'm heading up around that date might catch ya there.

Abercrombie caves is national park and nature reserve

You're lucky you were just outside the boundary otherwise the ranger would have pinged you and taken your vehicle and equipment

Abercrombie Karst Conservation Area is one of the rare NPWS sites in NSW that does allow fossicking.
http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkFossicking.aspx?id=N0350 said:
Try your luck fossicking for gold, garnets, zircon and sapphire. The area for fossicking starts at the main causeway just south of the Archway and runs south along the bed of the creek for 600 metres.

For environmental reasons please do not dig the riverbanks

mbasko said:
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Area is one of the rare NPWS sites in NSW that does allow fossicking.
http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkFossicking.aspx?id=N0350 said:
Try your luck fossicking for gold, garnets, zircon and sapphire. The area for fossicking starts at the main causeway just south of the Archway and runs south along the bed of the creek for 600 metres.

For environmental reasons please do not dig the riverbanks

When I went up there I saw the national park signs and just made a U turn to go elsewhere muttering quietly under my breath like a chainsaw ripping through corrugated iron'

Thanks for sharing mbasko :)

I went when it was quite, just the misses and I and of cause the ranger but he actually said to me just go where ever you want and he come up and had a chat when I was about 1km from the main rangers hut. Want to get to know some other placers around their, don't want to play with fire if you know what I mean.

Kuskus,

We do crevicing and have been lucky enough to find gold in several places. For me it's a matter of picking a nice crevice and sticking with it until you can eat your dinner from it.
Regards phantom

Hi Tim,

Looks just like my 16gm from 18 months panning - a few pickers, some fine gold, and lots of flour gold. Let's see who's first to the magic one ounce.

Latest posts