⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little bit from the NSW Mid North coast

1407290083_pan.jpg

1407290083_smallnuggets.jpg

Cheers

Thanks guys, Its nice when that type of gold turns up in the pan.
That's all from one spot and as you can see, there was very little fine gold.

Hi All,

Decided to go to Oallen for a highbank this week , could not have picked a worse day to stay overnight, woke up to water bottles and snuffer bottle frozen inside my suzi and ice on the inside of my rooftop camper, checking the Nerriga weather station when I got home the temp had dipped to -6.6 at 7 am - no wonder I was cold!!!.

I took the precaution of draining the pump and hoses but there was still a little water in the layflat that prevented me from getting an early start . It was soooo cold that at one point that my divers work gloves - which I had got wet earlier, actually froze to a rock when I took them off to have a smoke.

Anyway for a total of about 6 hours digging and 3 cleanouts I got some gold - happy with that.

Cheers

Barry

1407880266_dsc_2163.jpg

not bad mate haven't got up to Oallen yet looks to me like the fine gold is crazy up there and plentiful. Thanks for sharing

found this sucker last weekend trekking up a remote valley in the Kosi NP (1500m), the things you see when you havent got a pick and pan. Way too far into drag the Walbanker, but there were a couple of brumbies that would have done the job

Hubba hubba, I am hanging to get back to Adelong, always good colour there. Are you guys above the town or below, I work above and dont get any mercury but have gotten a heap from in town. Cheers for the report

Paydirt said:
Hubba hubba, I am hanging to get back to Adelong, always good colour there. Are you guys above the town or below, I work above and dont get any mercury but have gotten a heap from in town. Cheers for the report

Hi Paydirt, Always above town. We have private property access, I don't know why people think Adelong is all cleaned out? We always seem to get good colours..

Cheers Waz

Ive not been to adelong myself but done some extensive research on the area... no way will that place ever be cleaned its fed by so many gold producing waters that run through national parks.

Cant wait to get up there, and might even have a fish at talbingo i reckon.

Think we better have a Adelong gathering in spring seems like a few of us do a bit in their creek (Adelong Heavy Metal Recovery and Aquatic Conservation Conference - AHMRACC under the patronage of PA of course.

Latest posts