⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice amount there for 4 pans! I've been known to go to places where it's 4 pans in between gold!

Your all going to hate me but you can share in my pain :eek:
1405039684_20140711_083642.jpg
1405039694_20140711_083631.jpg
1405039702_20140711_083624.jpg

really thought id hit the jackpot this stone is about 140cm x 30cm turned me around real quick.... right in the middle of the bush too turned out to be paint....

Thanks guys, I found an iron indurated coarse layer of sand in the GPA in the centre of Gympie, got a shock when I saw the golden tail in the first pan. Each subsequent pan kept delivering. :lol:

A shame I only had a free hour there.

Spraycan Jack been at it again, probably started out as a city kid doin graffiti on walls then shifted to the country, not much else to do in the bush but spray gold on rocks.

1405249527_13-14_gold.jpg

Here is a pic of all my gold from my first year chasing the yellow. Being so far away from the goldfields mean I don't get out much hence the small amount to some of the pics seen on here. In the stash is gold from my usual haunt Ararat, a few specks from Thanes creek in Qld when I visited my old man and bro and some nice flat looking stuff I recently got from Reedy creek at Beechworth. I'm pretty happy that I was actually able to find some nice colour and looking forward to finding plenty more in this year. I must say without the wisdom of the kind hearted folk on this forum I doubt I would have found half as much.

Cheers,

Sorry about the shabby photo :8

Nice MJB doesn't matter how much it is its all about getting out there and finding it isn't it. I'm looking forward to hitting ararat with the drywasher next season

Thanks guys,

Golddigg, Ararat is a calling me...! I need to pull my finger out and finish my dry washer so its ready for summer. Just a bit more Alluminium welding and some legs and it will be ready to go...oh and a blower motor.

Love getting out there in the bush, working hard but relaxing at the same time..

Cheers,

My first clunker, Yeeeeeehaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

My brother (Bob) and I had 4 days at Tuena with Barry (AKA - bazza2210) last week. Sorry Barry we packed your chair in our car.

We had only done a quick pan on the cons from one days river sluicing, yes missed it. Now I know why I bring my cons home and pan them.
Yes Barry it was from the spot we went on the second day where I put through all that material.

Terrible weather, got bogged just meters off the road. Couldn't get any speed up to get up the small slope. Bogged a few times and Barry pulled me free with his Suzuki. After hour or so had one desperate go and headed for some long grass and with a few gentle twists and turns made it out. Holden commodore wagon just does not like any wet conditions. Won't be buying a four wheel drive, but, maybe some 2 spare rims with chunky rear tyres, just for these trips.

Regards Phantom
Clunker:
1405587972_gold_20140715_tuena_clunker.jpg

All in Bottle:
1405587971_gold_20140715_tuena_all_in_bottle.jpg

All in Pan: Now I know why I take the photos in the bottle.
1405587972_gold_20140715_tuena_all.jpg

Phantom said:
My first clunker, Yeeeeeehaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

My brother (Bob) and I had 4 days at Tuena with Barry (AKA - bazza2210) last week. Sorry Barry we packed your chair in our car.

We had only done a quick pan on the cons from one days river sluicing, yes missed it. Now I know why I bring my cons home and pan them.
Yes Barry it was from the spot we went on the second day where I put through all that material.

Terrible weather, got bogged just meters off the road. Couldn't get any speed up to get up the small slope. Bogged a few times and Barry pulled me free with his Suzuki. After hour or so had one desperate go and headed for some long grass and with a few gentle twists and turns made it out. Holden commodore wagon just does not like any wet conditions. Won't be buying a four wheel drive, but, maybe some 2 spare rims with chunky rear tyres, just for these trips.

Regards Phantom
Clunker:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...03/1405587972_gold_20140715_tuena_clunker.jpg
All in Bottle:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...5587971_gold_20140715_tuena_all_in_bottle.jpg
All in Pan: Now I know why I take the photos in the bottle.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/2603/1405587972_gold_20140715_tuena_all.jpg

Well done Eric,

Good to see that you took some colour home with you.

It was good to catch up with you and your brother Bob.

Peter. :cool:

Here is a few pics from a solo trip I did to Ararat yesterday. I was expecting the creek to be flowing but surprisingly there were only a few pools here and there. I ended up finding a crevice and spending most of my time trying to get into the guts of it. I took my Highbanker and just to see what it would hold on to by bucketing water into it. It held on to it and I found no gold in the tailings so gotta be happy with that.

2.5 hrs drive to get there, fossick for 4.5 hrs and then another 2.5 to get home. Was a big day and glad I came home with something...although small, to show for it.

1405734781_h2920002.jpg

1405734827_h2920003.jpg

1405734859_h2920005.jpg

1405734886_h2930002.jpg

Not a whole heap and that's in the small Garret finishing pan....still looks good all zoomed up :D

Cheers,

Thanks guys,

It has got a really good feel to it and amazingly beautiful aussie bush. There are plenty of nooks and crannies to dig especially if you look over the shoulder of that ugly mug. Funny thing is I have found it to be opposite of what you would expect in that the deeper I went with my crack the gold ran out. If you look at the darker soil in the side of the bank, that is were the gold is coming from but alas...we can't dig creek banks. All very fine gold

Cheers,

Nice work, imagine what is at the bottom.. Nice shape to that gold in that pan, kinda round, have a look further up the stream..

Cheers, Tone

Latest posts