⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day all here's a pic for your viewing pleasure found today in adelong creek about two hours work panning only.
1393668447_image.jpg

Some bloody nice sized flakes/chunks in their Skipper, did you separate that from the smaller stuff? Amazed at the average size - got yourself an awesome spot! I'm guessing mainly crevices you were working?

MJB said:
Hi All,
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1222/1393654511_h2830005.jpg
I got out to Ararat on Wednesday and met up with DiggerDude where he showed me the ins and outs of Detecting. After 1 hour we called it quits because it was so trashy in the area but he mentioned he saw some nice looking gravel that he wanted to run through the dry blower. So that's what we did and after 15mins of shovelling we did a test pan which resulted in the top little speci which still has quartz in it...very nice. After a couple more hours I had to get going and we found a lot more little flakes to go in the bottle to keep the little nugget company but before I left I screened another 2 x 20 lt buckets of dirt to take home and pan out at home. This morning I did 3 quick pans and on the 3rd one I found that wirey bit staring back at me...I was stoked.

This is the biggest stuff I have found so far compared to my usual flour gold and I have DiggerDude to thank for it. I very much appreciate his help and cannot imagine where I would be without the friendly advice I have received from the great people on this forum. Now I can't wait to see what the other 1.75 buckets of dirt are hiding.

Cheers,
matt

I would definitely be looking a lot closer in that area, the Gold has not traveled far and being crystalline it has not been water worn, and has shed from the source. Hence you may just find something a little bigger in the area. Not knowing the area at all (WA prospector), I would be looking a little further down the hill if it exists as the heavier stuff will fall further down. Well done a very nice specimen.

No expert either and not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, but that is what I would do. Best of luck :D

Thanks WestAus,

I am all open to suggestions as I am a bit of a newbie. That spot was on top of old diggings and the pile of gravel we processed was from the old timers tailings out of their sluice channel. I reckon it all would have came out of the shafts that litter avery square meter that are about 4m deep. For the time being I am happy playing it safe and staying out of the holes and process the old timers waste. :)

Cheers,
Matt

Seeing as ive only just moved over to Vic i only have WA shots of my gold but here goes :)

36 grams from close to Perth
1395297378_36_grams.jpg

7oz from nth of Kal
1395297267_7oz.jpg

Other bits
1395297829_dsc00020_-_copy.jpg

1395297829_g_2012.jpg

1395297829_nuggets_002.jpg

1395297829_wa_long_weekend_stuff.jpg

1395297830_weekend_gold.gif

PS - i forgot the bit of Vic gold we got a couple of weeks ago

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfh4BEdOPjM[/video]

Caution!
This next video has one F word in it but i was pretty excited at the new prospect found :lol: :lol:

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M7SoQIz0bs[/video]

So we are off to a good start in Vic and have some good spots to follow up on..

Cheers
Pete & Rie :) :)

why did you leave wa with gold like that wow 7 ounce nugget I bet there where some f words when that baby came out :eek:

Ahh Richo bloody cupid got me fair n square in the heart and Whamo!! here i am haha..
I'm actually amazed at the gold here in Vic and how easy it seems to find, we lobbed just out from Daylesford
on the new years and just picked a thrashed as hell gully and still popped 11 bits for the arvo..
Panning and sluicing im gonna have to get re used to i think..

P&R

Latest posts