⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1399195485_img_2567-optimized.jpg

I found this in Yambulla a few weeks ago the river was in flood so not very many places to crevice but I'm happy I got something.

1399702763_20140510_153720.jpg

1399702763_20140510_153746.jpg

After having all my dust scattered around the place i decided to get on the milling machine and build something that would keep my stash safe.
The insert is double layered, so there is another layer of vials underneath.

Miteymuz that is one sweet case for keeping your riches safe in the ones place.
You have some talent mate.
Cheers Dan

Thanks Dan. I must admit, I'm a bit clumsy, so i needed to build something bulletproof.

I here you muz I managed to drop one of those files full of the shiny stuff when I was fiddling with my pops gold as a young bloke. Needless to say I was not in the good books.. Good invention mate thanks for sharing.

DS82 said:
I here you muz I managed to drop one of those files full of the shiny stuff when I was fiddling with my pops gold as a young bloke. Needless to say I was not in the good books.. Good invention mate thanks for sharing.

That's a hanging offence!!
It turned out to be a nice way to showcase some of my dust as well.
Anyone can build one if you've got a router with the right size bit to match your bottles.
You can buy the boxes from Bunnings but i found the best ones were from Jaycar.
The inserts are made from a sheet of ABS plastic but you could do the same thing with a decent piece of hardwood.
I made a smaller one for my smaller bottles but it looked a bit busy so i went and bought some 30mm x 80mm bottles that really
show off the gold.

Spent a pretty rainy day in the creek at Adelong Sat, but Sun was warm and sunny. Got a bit of colour for our efforts, no mercury which was good to not see.

Will be up that way in early summer, great to see some good colour is available. Thanks for the share paydirt. Plan to head out there for a day before heading across to see family, chalk it up with Mrs GT as time spent with"family" haha. Then Bombala or perhaps Bendoc before heading home.

My first find with the new 5000, needs a good cleanup though. I think there may be more yella stuff under the ironstone. Any suggestions as to how to clean it up without spoiling the look of the quartz? I don't want to stuff it up......... :rolleyes:

1399938977_2014-05-12_13.09.18.jpg

1399938977_2014-05-12_13.09.40.jpg

1399938977_2014-05-12_13.14.45.jpg

Latest posts