⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
jenmal said:

awesome

they look like quite big pieces there . how long did it take , whats the weight and is that just using HB alone ?

congrats ! :D

Hey headsup, its from a couple of trips, a few days digging, used a highbanker first trip, but most from crevicing and panning as the river too low, but exposing bedrock that we hadnt got to before. Some nice pickers pieces in there. :)

jenmal said:
HeadsUp said:
jenmal said:

awesome

they look like quite big pieces there . how long did it take , whats the weight and is that just using HB alone ?

Hey headsup, its from a couple of trips, a few days digging, used a highbanker first trip, but most from crevicing and panning as the river too low, but exposing bedrock that we hadnt got to before. Some nice pickers pieces in there. :)

wow . you must have a good magic wand for taking you to the spots there , i didnt put myself on to any areas at nundle that had colour like that

you put in some good work to get that . good on ya

1392459861_gold.jpg

first gold nugget ive found...i actually got it from Prophet mine in the mullock heap for panning... i also shoveled an almost identical looking "coated" nugget into the missus pan 1.1g and a 0.9g into the missus mums pan.... was my first good find....also got about .3g of flour gold from a days panning (no screens allowed) :( but a good first nugget nonetheless!

HeadsUp said:
jenmal said:
HeadsUp said:
jenmal said:

awesome

wow . you must have a good magic wand for taking you to the spots there , i didnt put myself on to any areas at nundle that had colour like that

Its perseverance and yes hard work but rewarding lol :)

blayke said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2379/1392459861_gold.jpg

first gold nugget ive found...i actually got it from Prophet mine in the mullock heap for panning... i also shoveled an almost identical looking "coated" nugget into the missus pan 1.1g and a 0.9g into the missus mums pan.... was my first good find....also got about .3g of flour gold from a days panning (no screens allowed) :( but a good first nugget nonetheless!
Gold Gold Gold!!! nice one mate

jenmal said:
HeadsUp said:
jenmal said:
HeadsUp said:
jenmal said:

awesome

Its perseverance and yes hard work but rewarding lol :)

great to have lots of photos . you can pull those out when you're 95 years old and happily show them to your great great great grand kids . lol

happy days to you :D

:D yes I got some gold!!

Only small but,but I picked them out with my fingers,not tweezer,this is my best gold Eva

Only tiny flat flakes prior to this.

It's beautiful ,I can under stand why one gets the fever.. :D

1392641140_image.jpg

Popped my bendigo creek cherry in the dying hour of daylight last night, forgot how savage the good old leaches can be. Note to self pack gloves. Panned out a few flakes nothing worth bragging about, but any colour is a good day, gotta love just grabbing a pan and a shovel a quick seive versus highbanker pump trommel screens water pick shovel extra fuel mats etc. if i have any further luck you guys will be the first to know.

So I have been told,I will know more soon...

Love the nice saphs,but the yellow gold is stunning looks like I will be putting my rubber mat back in my H banker :D

Hi All,
1393654511_h2830005.jpg

I got out to Ararat on Wednesday and met up with DiggerDude where he showed me the ins and outs of Detecting. After 1 hour we called it quits because it was so trashy in the area but he mentioned he saw some nice looking gravel that he wanted to run through the dry blower. So that's what we did and after 15mins of shovelling we did a test pan which resulted in the top little speci which still has quartz in it...very nice. After a couple more hours I had to get going and we found a lot more little flakes to go in the bottle to keep the little nugget company but before I left I screened another 2 x 20 lt buckets of dirt to take home and pan out at home. This morning I did 3 quick pans and on the 3rd one I found that wirey bit staring back at me...I was stoked.

This is the biggest stuff I have found so far compared to my usual flour gold and I have DiggerDude to thank for it. I very much appreciate his help and cannot imagine where I would be without the friendly advice I have received from the great people on this forum. Now I can't wait to see what the other 1.75 buckets of dirt are hiding.

Cheers,
matt

hey diggerdude do you do alright with a drywasher? im fence sitting at the moment. havemt used one yet but im getting pretty good at dry panning and I reckon ive got some ripper spots but $2k for the keene 151.

G0lddigg@ said:
hey diggerdude do you do alright with a drywasher? im fence sitting at the moment. havemt used one yet but im getting pretty good at dry panning and I reckon ive got some ripper spots but $2k for the keene 151.

Do ok with it, just as much if not more than highbanking, and usually more nuggets. The 151 is huge and could handle 3 blokes going hard. I just use a little 140 , I think there about $800 and you can get any leaf blower from bunnings for about $100.

DD

Latest posts