⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure is mate! That bugger i estimate 80kgs i didnt lift it i asked a couple of near by prospectors to help? (Bad back). I covered it in mud 1st hehehehe.... but when it rolled in me wagon it come off and revealed the gold....they looked at each other then asked me if it was for real hahaha so the cats out of the bag dabnabit!!! Owell .... it was deep in the drink i was swimming seen somthin shimmer back at me... :D
Oh yeah it would fit in a 20L bucket....

What are you going to do with it? Acid or dolly it up? Green with envy, just kidding I'm wrapped as for you. Hopefully you can retire quite happy off that sucker

Hey mate, may be an insulting question but its not meant to be, Are you sure its gold showing, does it set off a detector or pin pointer?

If it is your a lucky man because there will be more at the bottom!

Hope it is for you :)

Cheers

RS

Retirement Stone said:
Hey mate, may be an insulting question but its not meant to be, Are you sure its gold showing, does it set off a detector or pin pointer?

If it is your a lucky man because there will be more at the bottom!

Hope it is for you :)

Cheers

RS
1st thing i did mate.... there is iron through it too. I have scratched some off and checked under scope...looks good to me.
Im guna split it and see ? Probably dolly it...with ear muffs.

That looks promising yobskin, and that little nugget is a beauty. I was actually at the gympie gold museum with my family today and there were a few samples of local ore including ones that had pyrite and gold. we had a crack at panning and found quite a few little bits. It was very addictive. I'm tempted to drive back up tomorrow and try one of the local creeks. You'll have to be careful you dont start another gympie goldrush with finds like that.

How is that rock breaking going Yobs, I can't get that big rock out of my mind. :eek: :p :cool:

You are going to have to feed us a few closeup photos when you get a chance and whatever you do don't throw that lucky shirt and hat away. ;)

Getting a mallet n chizel today guys i went back other day. Place was ransacked hahahaha but i found more great indicators!!! Drill holes for tnt... im going highbanking today....breakin rocks can wait i got plenty of time....i like sharing my experiences with you guys realy do but there is alot of activity going on around here now... maby its from my posts who knows? But theres alot of younger fellas doing the wrong thing....and i feel slightly responsible for getting them excited. Lurkers! . People be responsible abide by the law please.
I wont be posting as often......sorry guys.

yobskin said:
Getting a mallet n chizel today guys i went back other day. Place was ransacked hahahaha but i found more great indicators!!! Drill holes for tnt... im going highbanking today....breakin rocks can wait i got plenty of time....i like sharing my experiences with you guys realy do but there is alot of activity going on around here now... maby its from my posts who knows? But theres alot of younger fellas doing the wrong thing....and i feel slightly responsible for getting them excited. Lurkers! . People be responsible abide by the law please.
I wont be posting as often......sorry guys.
HuH!!!!
What's happening mate :|

That's no good. ... how would they know i didnt think u were that specific on location ... maybe that pair that helped u hav bin blabin :mad: good luck with it all :)

Yeah i think its best to keep your good finds quiet mate, that's always been my policy. You work hard for your finds, don't let others jump in on your turf. Did people really drill holes for tnt? Had they taken many other rocks away?

please continue to show us your finds...excellent posts mate.. give misleading info about where it was found or none at all and we should still be good to go.. And yes we are all hanging on the results from that interesting rock... :)

There old drill holes. Early miners.
I dont care to much about the fossicking areas its there for everyone . There has been basicaly an explosion of young prospectors...detecting in town/digging into banks behind peoples buisness/dredging mary river? I have never realy seen any local prospectors in the 2years i been here! And this week there jumpin out of bushes thicker than bats!...oh my goats!
My dig went real well. I got new 20 meter layflat ! pump pushed it up at half throttle, tank lasted 6hrs.
Got this gold @ bendmeleg today!
1429766458_1429766573554.jpg
:lol:

I think you can take on "the old timer" label there Yobs

I think it is good that you have started another gold rush, last bloke to do that did it 150 years ago, well done. :lol:

yobskin said:
There old drill holes. Early miners.
I dont care to much about the fossicking areas its there for everyone . There has been basicaly an explosion of young prospectors...detecting in town/digging into banks behind peoples buisness/dredging mary river? I have never realy seen any local prospectors in the 2years i been here! And this week there jumpin out of bushes thicker than bats!...oh my goats!
My dig went real well. I got new 20 meter layflat ! pump pushed it up at half throttle, tank lasted 6hrs.
Got this gold @ bendmeleg today!https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3898/1429766458_1429766573554.jpg :lol:

But what about the rock? Did it yield much goodies, or just a hot rock?

Rob.

Latest posts