⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
Very nice colmaca- you need more!!! :rolleyes:

I normally get more for the area . I must been in a hurry to get back for beers ;)

I just look at my older pics Maybe its a little less than normal I have over a Oz out this hole

1428478145_11109616_10152961126668692_4581729350193607113_o.jpg

That's great looking gold Colmaca and an even better hole :D

I can only imagine what a good dry blower would be able to produce for you out of that hole mate......mine would cop a flogging I know that much ;)

This thread always makes me smile.
I have been out panning 3 times now and only found very small (and not very many) pieces and get SO excited over them.
Would totally be over the moon to have a pan with as much colour as what you guys get.
Last trip I found my first ever bit still attached to a piece of quartz. It is SO CUTE!

Here it is....

1428630301_img_0304.jpg

Cant see it? This is taken with a 10x held up to my phone

1428630338_fullsizerender.jpg

:D :cool: :lol: :8

it has not travelled far because it is very rough and still has the host rock attached.. as the guys said keep looking around and you may find where it came from and clean up.. :)

Results from the old faithful over the weekend.........

1428973491_gold1.jpg

Spent 3 days looking around and only a few hours actually digging. No water in the area I wanted to go to so went back to the easy spot after 2 days of 4wd action.

In hindsight I should have just smashed the old faithful for 3 days and id have a lot more for the photo. Anyway, its all part of the fun searching for new locations knowing I can go back to the old one for a few hours just to get the GOLD FIX! :lol: :lol:

Following in the footsteps of Colmaca and Twapster, here is my effort for Easter, HB'ing the creek on our farm. Thanks Twapster for the idea of a cupcake paper.

1428998904_dsc00243.jpg

Almost all of it is fine/flour gold with a few bits of medium (-12/+20 mesh), plus one little coarse bit (0.05g). All but the coarse bit are well worn.
The little coarse bit is quite rough and has not travelled very far at all.

1428999043_dsc00226_dxo.jpg

Have found flood gold all the way down to the clay bed. Now to extend my digging to find more coarse bits down on the clay layer.

1428999458_p1070291_dxo.jpg

In this photo, I sampled down about 12 inches into the gray clay in the crevice but came up with nothing. I am not sure if I have the drive to excavate to see what lies beneath these large river boulders and the clay layer. I dug a test hole into the clay nearby and went down a metre into gray clay and then orange clay without striking bedrock.

This the same digging as in my previous 'show and tell' post - a great little spot, only 30m from my tent. Just me, goats, roos, birds, and the odd snake. :)

So much more digging to do.

After a bit more than 2 years of exploring, sampling and digging the creek on our farm, I have finally reached the magic 'one ounce' mark.

1429000886_dsc00245.jpg

Left to Right: Pickers (>0.1g); Coarse (+12 mesh); Medium (-12/+20); Fine (-20/+50); Flour (-50 mesh); Easter 2015 (yet to be sorted).

Still got the 'gold fever'. :)

Latest posts