⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gcause said:
yobskin said:
Gympie meet up today me, gcause and troy turned up...water still a little high for gcause in his denim strides and gummies.
I hit the path i walk on to get to the creek! heaps of clay pretty easy shoveling with me mini banker. Troy got some nice peckers from top soil....gcause was crevicing the bedrock formation further down.....he showed me the vortex double bucket trick...amazing :D i was chatting with gcause cooling down sitting in creek he just finished his pan i pulled a weed out of the bedrock it came out sweet as clean....threw it in his pan and presto gold! He wasnt use to the rich colour of our gold....pure... it was great to see ya mate apoligies for leaving early i was in some pain as were you i bet. ;)

Thanks for hosting a great day out Yobskin, it was good to catch-up again. :D

My back didn't do too well afterwards though. I had parked in the same place as before and this time it took me over half an hour to shuffle back to the car at the top of the hill using my shovel as a crutch with lots of pitstops along the way. She sure ain't what she used to be I could have run up that hill no worries before the car accident. :(

Been recovering today as I am sure you are.

I feel for ya mate...union street entrance only for me now too many hills the other way... ;) im still paying for it. One day of fun equals 3days of grief some might say it aint worth it but i choose to live...

G0lddigg@ said:
Dont know if you can see the stockpile here... this was after an hour cutting weeds away...
Could be the old timers low grade stock pile, and in today's times, that could equate to 25oz to the tonne....... :cool:
But then again...........it could be high grade!!! :eek:

dwt said:
G0lddigg@ said:
Dont know if you can see the stockpile here... this was after an hour cutting weeds away...
Could be the old timers low grade stock pile, and in today's times, that could equate to 25oz to the tonne....... :cool:

Either way this spot needs guarding!!! send me the gps mate and i will start protecting it for ya! Even if i have to put it in buckets and relocate it in a safer spot! Im your man.... :D

My quick clean up did all the hole pan dirt in 1 go still to repan in all in smaller batches I get maybe 80% 1st time.

the cons

1425429172_p1020266.jpg

the results.

1425429194_p1020267.jpg

dwt said:
G0lddigg@ said:
i agree mate the real stuff went 48 ounces to the tub this stuff wouldn't get anywhere near that but dont think it was worth their time ....

Tail races are a good spot to clean up too, I know a bloke who got 8 grams from under a rock at the outfall of an old chinamans tailrace in a elevated bank deposit. :p

Just wondering ...... How does a fluid bed river sluice go with an area of high ironstone ??.will it just fill up or will it still exchange ok ?
My drop riffle sluice works great but I reckon I'm loosing a bit in this new spot ,it's so full of iron.

Latest posts