⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old timers would have thought they were getting closer to the good stuff,... nice job for this day and age though,.. well done.

Great job Blayke

Looks like I will have to try the " ask and thy shall receive " seems to work for you and Yob !

Cheers

Great stuff Blayke

I can imagine the eyes popping and hands rubbing.

You will have to give it a soak in Alibrite and get a specimen container to display it in. Very cool. :cool:

Blakey was pretty calm....i was the one getting all mixed emotions... :lol: / 8.( :D :p hahaha
I went back and opened it up 2day for ya mate it actually spreads out from that point....stronger deeper layer.
I only did 20x20L buckets took an hour to fill....4hrs to nreak it all up ...ready to proccess cons now.

1426668657_1426668690501.jpg

Hahaha well its not what i was hoping... buts its still great!!
I reckon its an old clay base for stowing mullockheaps on....gravel wash next too nill...clay? Bingo!!! :D

They sure loved their Mercury up there Yobskin, most of the bigger bits I have pulled out of there have been coated. Made me think the area I had been working was well worked over and they missed a heap of gold.

Well worked for sure...im test panning on saturday with detector.
Going to try and find another pocket most of it has washed from up stream. All found high and dry 10 foot up on top.

either that or we go all out and dig down 2 metres and see if it was a deposit and theres another layer underneath lol

I will need a longer layflat...i reckon it might be worth it...3 man chain gang...if not it would be a good day sharing with mates out in the open air! :D

yeh im gunna get my cousin and maybe the boss (keen to give it a go) to come along and bringin the banker. pretty sure we have a 10-15m layflat...should reach up there easily

Oldfella said:
Some nice pieces their mate :) how long did it take you to get that much?

Me? No pickers there. Some real fine stuff though. I was trying to say I haven't found any pickers yet. Really want one.

EDIT: I read "pieces" as "pickers"...I should go to bed haha derp. And that took me about 5 hours...maybe less, certainly no more.

Latest posts