⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Aushunter,
Tell us how you go with your buckets...I am heading up there on Friday and hope to find some colour.

Cheers,
Matt

My effort from today at Adelong. This is from about 8 buckets worth.
DSC_0247_zps0db688fe.jpg

DSC_0265_zps60bb414c.jpg

wow there's some great finds!
how deep do you guys dig while you're panning?

Found this down a crevice near BowlingAlley Point last trip. It's silver plate and the hallmarks helped identify it. Made in England in 1896. Wonder how long it's been down there?
1383456474_image.jpg
1383456514_image.jpg

Yep, that a huge spoon alright lol. Great find mate, if only it could talk.

i cant see those hallmarks clearly enough in your photo , did you identify it clearly from an english hallmarks book or website ?

if it was that old i would have expected the silver plate to be gone by now so wondering if it might be sterling silver ?

1383458531_hallmarks.jpg

It's William Page and Co, Birmingham 1896. Found it at the bottom of a deep crevice, may explain why it not scuffed up so much! Can't explain it. Looked for the rest of the set but only found the one along with a couple of pickers.

Diggerdude said:
That stamper is in great condition redmanti, where'd you find that?

DD

Yambulla. (Just near Eden).

It's pretty much almost operational. Everything in place all the vital bits.

if you want to fire that up for some crushing you will probably need a bigger motor than the 5 hp honda :)

seriously now . umm you can imagine little speccies getting shot out of the crusher and landing in the ground underneath and all around it

but you cant use a detector so close to a big lump of iron like that

so you would be digging the top layer of ground and putting it through a sluice or HB right ?