⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha ha, that was me up until ANNZAC day this year. Been prospecting since Oct 2019 and found a total of 12 grams! Found a virgin patch on ANZAC day and have pulled 335g off it over 4 1/2 days. Biggest was 275G!
1621299004_img_20210505_142648_234.jpg

I feel like a tin ass but a shed load of work has gone into locating this patch..

Gives me hope, there are more areas like this waiting to be found as I was beginning to think I had missed the boat!!

Dawsy77 said:
Ha ha ha, that was me up until ANNZAC day this year. Been prospecting since Oct 2019 and found a total of 12 grams! Found a virgin patch on ANZAC day and have pulled 335g off it over 4 1/2 days. Biggest was 275G!https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/16576/1621299004_img_20210505_142648_234.jpg
I feel like a tin ass but a shed load of work has gone into locating this patch..

Gives me hope, there are more areas like this waiting to be found as I was beginning to think I had missed the boat!!

Wow Dawsy, that's a very nice piece of gold :p

Definitely not taking it for granted. Still get tingles when I look back on the footage!

I wasn't going to post it but a friend said it has reinstalled hope for him to be able to find one for himself. So I hope it does the same for anyone else that was loosing hope!

goody2shoes said:
Need to buy a detector now :)

Give me some hope to hold onto ;)

Lots of very good detectors going at the right price now Goody. Of course you cannot buy it if you need the gold to pay for it because gold is not that plentiful. I've seen people buy detectors because they wanted to make easy money, it's unlikely to work out that way.

I hear you there Moneybox, prospecting/detecting is a great way to see the country but one must always keep their expectations in line with reality. I spend 95% of my prospecting time doing research. I believe all the geo courses I have done and the research I do has only allowed me to find the hay stack. You still need to find the needle!!

To me the WA outback is heaven, no people, no phone range just me and the bush. Gold is a bonus.

Just like fishing, the more time you put in, the closer you get to finding something.

Dawsy77 said:
To me the WA outback is heaven, no people, no phone range just me and the bush. Gold is a bonus.

Never truer words written Dawsy, we have just returned from 3 weeks of bliss on the WA goldfields.
Spoke to only one other than my partner in this time, a young geo marking out a sump for future diamond drilling.

No photos can explain the serenity LostnTired.
I did a short trip late summer when it was to hot to have a camp fire. There was no moon but you could walk around the bush just from the glare from the stars. No camera could capture that.

Until you experience a sky like that it is impossible to understand.

Hi Folks,

Just got back from a visit with madtuna on Erlistoun Station. What a buzz that was. Steve is an absolute gentleman who welcomed me with open arms to his backyard. We talked for hours about all sorts of stuff and spent some time scrubbing coils as well. Its a shame that he is currently banned from the forum as his comedy and general prospecting knowledge are a real resource that is valued by most members. I hope to see him contributing again at some time in the near future. Anyway, I was lucky enough to pick up a small specie while detecting a local spot with Steve.
1621581212_1659611f-4fbd-46c3-b214-5b174cd70d58.jpg

Thanks again mate for your hospitality, friendship and the valued time that we spent discussing all things prospecting related.

Cheers

Les

Lesgold said:
Hi Folks,

Just got back from a visit with madtuna on Erlistoun Station. What a buzz that was. Steve is an absolute gentleman who welcomed me with open arms to his backyard. We talked for hours about all sorts of stuff and spent some time scrubbing coils as well. Its a shame that he is currently banned from the forum as his comedy and general prospecting knowledge are a real resource that is valued by most members. I hope to see him contributing again at some time in the near future. Anyway, I was lucky enough to pick up a small specie while detecting a local spot with Steve.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1212_1659611f-4fbd-46c3-b214-5b174cd70d58.jpg
Thanks again mate for your hospitality, friendship and the valued time that we spent discussing all things prospecting related.

Cheers

Les

Hi Les, pity I didn't get up there and meet you too. Good to see that you had a good time.

Cheers

Doug

Well. The 6000 punches deep on speccies :)
This little beauty was about 230 metres away from a small patch I have been working. Depth about 35-40cm. It screamed. I thought it was trash, but kept digging :)
1621665029_speccie_134g_21_may.jpg

Gold was showing on all sides.
Dollied and panned:
1621665065_49.63g_6000_21_may.jpg

49.6 grams of the good stuff once dried :)

The 6000 sucks. Dont buy one..... :)

Latest posts