Park hunting with the Garrett At Pro.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't get out as much as I'd like. No where near as much as some other members on the forum.
Last weekend I went out of town to visit my Dad who is not well. Went tothe local park for and hour. Not a lot to show but got 3 pennies from one hole which I was happy with. Going to see dad again this week so hope to put in a few more hours in the same park.
I recently got the 5x8 coil and this was my first swing with it. Definatley good for trashy areas.

My 2015 finds : https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10092

My videos: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12500

1411291363_20140913_155811_copy.jpg

Its just good to get out there and detect mate, does wonders for us. I am sure you will find more. :)

It's great to see you out and about again Rod, we'll have to catch up for a swing / camp soon. Oh, and that 5x8 coil is definitely the go :D

Thanks Guys. Nugget after the failure of my tablet then laptop we then had no internet for a month. GRRR. My son saw a techy working in the Telstra pit outside our gate the same time the net went south but they said there was no problem their end. I'd just bought a new high end modem and had the house rewired as it was really slow. Still took them a month to sort it. Guess what... their problem.
Anywho... back online again.

Sandta said:
Well done on the florin RJ... Isnt it a great feeling when you realise what you just got ... :p

Cheers Sandta. Didn't realise what it was. It was so dirty. Thought it was a penny or 20 cent peice. Threw it in the treasure bag. Wasn't til I got home and cleaned it I saw what it was. Shame about the scratch on it.

Funny thing is tonight I also got a padlock, intact key, broken key, and what looks to be the bottom part of a cricket stump, lucked out on the silver though. :D

Any florin is a good florin, regardless of the scratch, looks like you had fun. :)

Didn't get back to the park today. Went to Port Macquarie to visit my baby brother. Took his 2 daughters down to the park with detectors. They were thrilled to find a few dollars each around the swings, (some of which I may or may not have planted for them ;) ) As soon as I turned my detector on I found this pendant.

1411556297_20140924_175226_copy.jpg

congratulations on getting in on the silver Ramjet, well done on the alien too.

Great works! Ramjet

I miss the old days of coin shooting in parks and was always special with the kids in tow.

Damn gold flu ;)

Last night on my way home from work I had a quick swing in a park I hadn't detected before. Ten coins and only 2 bottle caps in an hour. Did I mention I LOVE the 5x8 coil. Makes it so much easier to sort the coins from the crap. One of the shillings is 1917 which is my oldest coin so far. Though I haven't cleaned the pennies and half pennies yet. Can't wait to get back. Interesting that the $2 was as deep as the older coins, 4 to 6 inches for most.

1411778392_20140927_095040_copy.jpg

If you decide to part with the 1957 shilling send us a pm with a price mate, got a use for that little rams head with that particular year. Trade or cash no problem.

Goldtarget said:
If you decide to part with the 1957 shilling send us a pm with a price mate, got a use for that little rams head with that particular year. Trade or cash no problem.

Never thought of selling any coins. Didn't think they had much value?

Latest posts