Woomargama

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I was wondering if anyone has done any prospecting in the Woomargama area?
Woomargama is about halfway between Albury and Holbrook in southern New South Wales.
I know that there are quite a few old mines there that produced tin, copper and gold from various mines there.
However, that about all that I know.

If you no where the mines are and you can get access then maybe that would be the best place to try..

Woomargama is a National Park from the Holbrook end & a State Forest at the Jingellic end. The tin mines is in the National Park section, i dont think you can go fossicking in a National Park but i could be wrong. I live close to Woomargama & have been looking at this area for a while but i want to do the right thing (legal) & ill have to get a State forest fossicking permit first. Is fossicking allowed in NSW National Parks?

dav said:
Woomargama is a National Park from the Holbrook end & a State Forest at the Jingellic end. The tin mines is in the National Park section, i dont think you can go fossicking in a National Park but i could be wrong. I live close to Woomargama & have been looking at this area for a while but i want to do the right thing (legal) & ill have to get a State forest fossicking permit first. Is fossicking allowed in NSW National Parks?

Unfortunately for all of us National Parks are a no go, big fines and lose all your gear. Go spend the $37 and get a State Forests Permit online and you can use all NSW State Forests. I wish they would use some of the permit $$ to rid some of the forests of blackberries though........they don't seem to do anything about them......... 8.(

While your out that way call into the Woomargama pub and say gday to Brendan and Jackie, there's also an old local that frequents it that has land at Hillend (we didn't find anything there tho)

gday highbanker2 ive been interested to about that area im from wodonga with probably the same gear as you have give us a yell cheers

Latest posts