Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw that a bronze statue of Capt. James Cook in Melbourne Park has been cut off at the legs and the memorial spray painted. Do these idiots not know that we are living in the greatest country in the world due to he landing in Botany Bay and establishing a colony that is now the envy of the entire world. The woke mentality of some is a total disgrace to all normal thinking people. I hope they catch them and punish them with more than a wet lettuce leaf.
Last year they cut down the bronze statue of Paddy Hannan in Kalgoorlie. The perpetrators were caught and the authorities found karma had already caught up with one of them, when the statue had crashed to the ground her toes were crushed. Fortuanely the statue has been fully restored. ( Actually the original is under lock and key after being removed for protection)
**If Paddy and his two mates hadn't found gold the Kalgoorlie region would still be a hot, red dust bowl today.**

Yes i remember the story and again i had to wonder what brainless idiots decided to do this. It never stops. The senseless destruction of beautiful artworks, whether it be famous explorers or ANZAC memorials or gravestones. You cannot change history and personally I wouldn’t won’t to. HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY for tomorrow. Cheers and yes I do have the lamb chops ready for the bar b.

got that right mackka
first they rip us of no end with over inflated prices
then have the %#^$& nerve to tell me i don't want to buy australian merchandise for australia day :mad::mad::mad::mad:
the only way we are going to get them to see sense is boycott them 'hit their pocket and see how the pricks like it
then they say the prices charged at the checkout are reflective of what they pay the grower BUUULLLSSHHIIIITTTT

get your daily paper mackka there should be a brisbaine market report in there some where
it will have all the prices(low to high depending on quality)of every fruit and vegetable that was sold at the markets yesterday, may even have sydney and melbourne prices
I think they were too silly to realise that this year there was going to be a massive upsurge in demand because of all the un Australian stuff that has recently intensified.

I'm going down to woolies today....I'll load up the trolley { literally to the max}. Then I'm going to go to the checkout. I'll be friendly and chat with the checkout operator. After it's all gone through, I'm going to politely say that because they are spitting in the face of the spirit of Australia day I'm not going to pay. Leaving with a smile I'll then go to another woolies, where I will load up a trolley....you get the idea.

I'm going down to woolies today....I'll load up the trolley { literally to the max}. Then I'm going to go to the checkout. I'll be friendly and chat with the checkout operator. After it's all gone through, I'm going to politely say that because they are spitting in the face of the spirit of Australia day I'm not going to pay. Leaving with a smile I'll then go to another woolies, where I will load up a trolley....you get the idea.
Pretty stupid thing to do.
It's not the workers fault that their CEO is on the woke bandwagon. They will have to put the groceries back & cop your flak - not the CEO.
Respect the workers, they probably feel the same as the rest of us.

Pretty stupid thing to do.
It's not the workers fault that their CEO is on the woke bandwagon. They will have to put the groceries back & cop your flak - not the CEO.
Respect the workers, they probably feel the same as the rest of us.
nope. they are getting paid regardless. more to the point, if tens of thousands of ppl did it the CEO would be under even more pressure. they would eventually have to pay for more ppl { more jobs for young ppl}. cuts back their profits and then the shareholders start screaming. you can take a very micro view of this { as you have done} , or you can extrapolate it and consider a bigger picture.

nope. they are getting paid regardless. more to the point, if tens of thousands of ppl did it the CEO would be under even more pressure. they would eventually have to pay for more ppl { more jobs for young ppl}. cuts back their profits and then the shareholders start screaming. you can take a very micro view of this { as you have done} , or you can extrapolate it and consider a bigger picture.
What a complete load of BS!
It's a pointless & completely stupid thing to do & it won't have any affect other than put short term pressure on the people already there. It won't create jobs & even if it did the extra costs involved in employing more people (because of a stupid stunt) will be passed onto the customers at Woolworths.
If you want the CEO, shareholders etc. to sit up & take notice, vote with your wallet & just shop elsewhere. There's no need to be placing undue pressure on Australian workers with silly school yard type stunts that will do nothing positive at all. I'd say it's unAustralian - how would you like people coming into your workplace to make your life more difficult than it need be because of a company decision you had no input or control over?

Agree with mbasko, thats as silly and as thoughtless as throwing a bucket of blood on the poor kid stacking the meat cabinet because you’re a vegan.
Seriously though, did you do it and if so how did it go or were you all talk?
My son is one of those poor kids working his butt off at woolies trying to make a buck. Just so you’re aware, he has no say in Woolworth’s policies or what they do and don’t stock. He’s just trying to make a dollar and pay his bills.

Yes Greg, many of these young people are stacking shelves or counter jockys trying to make a quid to pay for Uni studies or just make a living.
A few months ago I stopped shopping at Coles because they stopped carrying the yoghurt I prefer to eat, but, so many other businesses also suffer because I don’t by flour from one shop, we don’t buy lunch and coffees, we don’t buy wine and all because someone at Coles decided not to carry one small product and we decided to shop in another suburb because we didn’t want to do two separate shopping trips. Vote with your feet.

I want to voice my gripe as it affects me and all on hear that have read quite a number of post I have uploaded in a day quite the record for me. somehow I have caught COVID as remote as I live and in the biggest shire in the world I keep mostly to myself and don’t know from whom it came. Temperature out has dropped a little in the last couple of days but still top of 44 and lows 30. I have never had a headache, blocked sinus this bad in my life. Can you see where I am going with this? Its shut down any attempt for me to go prospecting as heat on headache not good and forget about bending over to dig a hole. 🤣 i probably should’ve posted this in comedy section maybe. As I can’t complain there’s so many people around the world at this time or anytime suffering far more misery, hardship and affliction than most of us couldn’t imagine.

I would take it as a comment about our society in general. It rings true to me but I think the selling out of Australian manufacturing began long ago and is not just a recent phenomena. Now they are busy selling out the legacy utilities that previous generations built and also with anti competition guarantees for the new buyers which runs against the only reason in my understanding why privitisation could be a good thing. Private foreign owned companies are also putting in toll roads to tax and profit out of generations of us for years to come. Australia is still a great country imo but we can always leave room for improvement and start thinking longer term but I dont think its going to happen. My 2 cents. Maybe this should be in the whinge of the of the day thread 😜

Toll roads. They symbolise everything I hate about our highly paid planners and decision makers in this country basically selling out our futures for some one likely based out side the country to make a profit indefinately. Thank fully not any new ones near me. The last one they tried was this one built in 1841 to fund construction to mount barker and not as a money making forever profit machine but It was still hated as it was the only toll road in the colony of south australia and ceased being used in 1847 the road then being open to all for free much to everyone's releif. Those driving into Adelaide from mount barker way might recognise it as its still there today. New toll roads seem to be going in all over the country with no protest at all. If it saves 5 min travel time its a good thing right ??? Screenshot_20240215_194526.jpgScreenshot_20240215_194544.jpg

Toll roads. They symbolise everything I hate about our highly paid planners and decision makers in this country basically selling out our futures for some one likely based out side the country to make a profit indefinately... New toll roads seem to be going in all over the country with no protest at all. If it saves 5 min travel time its a good thing right ???
Good news - WA is 100% free of toll roads. We've never been cursed with the wretched things.

Latest posts