Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
god help anyone who's spouse dies, my dear old mum asked telstra to take dad off her phone bills and they wanted her to make another account, it's all to hard for her to

cope with their BS at 86 years old, she asked them 3 times and didn't they want to do it, i told her to tell them get the FN money from him then..... and they took him off. :lol: :lol:

numpty said:
house phone bill is usually around $40, got the NBN put on and the first bill is over $90. :N: i hardly use the bastard of a thing.

gunna complain and if they wont lower the charges they can come and pick their shite up and shove it you know where!

finger up to Telstra.

Just last night I was watching the afl on kayo. Had my mate on the phone who lives 2 streets over watching the same game on the same kayo account. Anyways, he's with telstra on the latest greatest, I'm with dodo. His game was over 10 seconds behind what I was watching.

He pays about $90 a month, I pay $75.

I think we all assume telstra to be the bees knees, but if his live game isn't really live, you gotta wonder.

And on dodo, any issues they've been really good. Usually hold times are a couple minutes at most, but always gotten issues sorted quickly, and I'm out in the country.

Edit to add, that's both on the nbn.

Upside said:
numpty said:
house phone bill is usually around $40, got the NBN put on and the first bill is over $90. :N: i hardly use the bastard of a thing.

gunna complain and if they wont lower the charges they can come and pick their shite up and shove it you know where!

finger up to Telstra.

Just last night I was watching the afl on kayo. Had my mate on the phone who lives 2 streets over watching the same game on the same kayo account. Anyways, he's with telstra on the latest greatest, I'm with dodo. His game was over 10 seconds behind what I was watching.

He pays about $90 a month, I pay $75.

I think we all assume telstra to be the bees knees, but if his live game isn't really live, you gotta wonder.

And on dodo, any issues they've been really good. Usually hold times are a couple minutes at most, but always gotten issues sorted quickly, and I'm out in the country.

Edit to add, that's both on the nbn.
Mrs JF and I got stuffed around big time with Telstra about 20 years ago. Ombudsman was involved and had it sorted in days, when we had been stuffed around for months. We will have nothing to do with Telstra.

^^ That's line rental and unlimited nbn internet, neither of us use the home phone.

Nightjar said:
If any of the Telstra knockers want to tour around our WA goldfields you are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise if not connected to Telstra. :playful:
That is of course if you want all your gadgets to work.

Sure mate but not all of us out there.

aussiefarmer said:
Aldi uses the telstra network , same coverage at a fraction of the cost, I was always telstra loyal but they have become greedy , its all good if you have telstra shares, but when my mobile went from $480 a year to $99 and now I have unlimited everything its a no brainer.

I went to Boost mobile. They also run on telstra. $250 a year unlimited talk and sms and by memory 150gig data. Prepaid.

numpty said:

finger up to Telstra.

So Numpty, see if have this straight.

You use a normal landline?

You have Aussie Broadband via NBN connected? [uou mention wifi]

You also have Telstra Broadband vis NBN?

You do not use VOIP at all? [internet phone Voice over internet protocol]

yes telstra NBN landline for calls only, nothing linked to landline phone.

optus broadband on the lap top, pre paid

and thats it.

It would appear you have signed up to a full NBN connection.
I suggest you connect, via wifi, you phones and laptop to it.

1630891914_ttt.jpg

Our Local council really make thing hard fir everyone.
Bought a carport from a NSW company and because of covid it has taken months to get to me. Now council want a structural engineers report before even looking at my plans. Geez !
No wonder this town is dying out. You cant get anything done anymore.
Thats my 5 cents worth.

Our leaders planning skills leave alot to be desired. No one seems to be practical anymore. One recent example here. They upgraded the local round about and before they had even poured the concrete witnessed truck after truck after truck cut across the top of there mark out lines as they couldnt make such a tight turn because the new design was obviously too small for long vehicles. So did they decide to go back to the drawing board and make it a bit bigger ? No they built the tiny round about anyway and NOW a few months later they want to rip it up and build a bigger one because the trucks are driving over it. No :poop: :mad:

Wishfull said:
Our Local council really make thing hard fir everyone.
Bought a carport from a NSW company and because of covid it has taken months to get to me. Now council want a structural engineers report before even looking at my plans. Geez !
No wonder this town is dying out. You cant get anything done anymore.
Thats my 5 cents worth.

Don't get me started on councils. Ours spent over 30 grand on blossom trees down the main street. They all died. Now we've got about 40 dead blossom trees 10 foot high sitting a metre out into the road.

Or how about when they bought this bees knees lawn slasher. Beautiful machine, worth a mint but it's too big to fit into spots the old slasher could reach between signs etc. It's sitting in the council shed used once in a year.

W@nkers.

Latest posts